Fry Update!

l_lds2006

hey all my fry are doing good so far they are very active lil buggers today i noticed 2 fully hatched before i went out this after noon i come back home there are 14 that are now really active some are actually swimming to the top i guess that is a good sign so far that they are active and swimming to the top man they are fast they are like buzzing around the rest are now also starting to really come fully out too i bought small fry liquid food and frozen brine shrimp by hikari the 3 step sterelization type how do i feed them the brine shrimp i knw how to do the liquid food but do not know to much about brine shrimp! they are also big for being only a few days old :o so really :hmm about who the daddy is as my biggest fish is my ranchu size wise i'm just :druel thinking about what they are going to look like

Edited by Jillian

Congrats Jillian, btw, I have lost some of my fry but thank god and especially d_golem who helped me with my questions of raising my fry, I have a few surviving...

It's a little difficult at the beginning but I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience...(I really do :) )

Congrats Jillian, btw, I have lost some of my fry but thank god and especially d_golem who helped me with my questions of raising my fry, I have a few surviving...

It's a little difficult at the beginning but I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience...(I really do :) )

thanks marsha my fry are actually swimming around :rofl they look like they are all sugared out they are really active some are slugish in movement but are starting to get into the grove of things i am going to try and post pics up of them as they are visible to see now man they are long in length :hmm i have been feeding them the liquid fy food and some are just attacking it :rofl it is funny to watch them eat :rofl and they swim right to the top of the water my hubby calls them lil tadpoles :rofl i have white paper under the tank so i can see them other wise they would be ghost :rofl i think they look like fry on steroids

Edited by Jillian

:) Babies still doing okay Jillian? Can't wait til they're big enough to show us pics. :D

hiya devs i have 12 total that survived outta 16 that managed to hatch they are moving about their eye colors are no longer black some are more active then the others but they are still alive i dont think they like the liquid fry food so i'm going to try the frozen brine shrimp see if they like that

I now have a total of 4 fry the ones that survived are the ones that were way more active they are doing great swimming around they have developed their fins but i don't see any dorsal fins yet hmmmm i'm wondering what they are going to look like they are eating like lil piggies and really active they i hope these guys survive as they are reall thriving

yep fred i can i constantly am watching them between raising fry and treating dragon i don't know if i'm coming or going anymore :krazy::rofl but these guys are really active compared to the others fry that passed away these guys are literally swimming there lil :heart's out these guys i refuse to let them die

yep fred i can i constantly am watching them between raising fry and treating dragon i don't know if i'm coming or going anymore :krazy::rofl but these guys are really active compared to the others fry that passed away these guys are literally swimming there lil :heart's out these guys i refuse to let them die

i also noticed the one fry has a weird looking spine kinda curved like a humped where as the other 3 have a more pronouned spine :hmm dunno if it is a defect or what i guess i will see it doesnt seem to bother this particular fry either swims like it is nothing

Maybe you can take pics of them soon... :D

I love fry pics! :heart

definitely will try to take pics of them see i also :heart looking at the fry pics hopefully they come out as i know the are still small maybe i'll take them when i see them swimming up to the glass will be easier to get a pic that way :rofl instead of standing above them i can see their lil bellies tooo it is so cool

I think, if you can come with a pic, koko will give you a medal for breeding. I am not sure with the rule though.

i believe she said they have to be free swimming and eggs dont count i am definitely going to try and get pics of these guys they are so cute