-7c Tonight

sandy

My poor pond is all frozen over. Weve had 4 days of really bad frost but tonight is the worst yet.

I put a ball in it yesterday and mike went out and said the ball was sitting on top of the ice.

Tomorrow will take the kettle down and see if i can thaw a bit of it out, and its 3 inches thick in some places.

That's always so scarey Sands,for all the people who don't live in year round nice temps

.I bet you're a wreck over the worry... :heart

Here's hoping that everyone does what they need to do,and that's just a will to survive.

My pond was a bit frozen over this morning too. But its weeeeeey colder where you are. I'm especially warm as there is a massive hill about 10 miles away and it seems to keep the cold back.. hardly ever snows south of the hill.

Hope your fishies are ok under there. Thy should be.. like that video of the wakins swimming under ice.

My wakin were frozen over one morning too, but only a tiny thin ice crust, and the temps were "only" 18 degrees. -7, wow, that is freezing just thinking about it. Can you still see them, Sandy?

Havent seen them for over a month Andrea. Bob put glass framework over the middle of the pond and it cant be moved.

I just have to pray they come up in the spring.

Its only december as well so still got january and february to go.

Im going to invest in something small to melt a bit of the ice Erika :)

Hopefully if we get cold snaps they only last a day or two at the most.

Archived