Betta Food

bettaqueen

here is a list of a few betta foods . If you have any other suggestions please mention them and add them to the thread . I will collect all the suggestion and see if Koko will post them at the top of the betta forum when we have a more complete list. It would be good info for new and experienced betta owners

A list of a few good betta foods

Hikori betta gold pellets or other quality betta pellets

Omega One Betta Buffet flakes

Baby Chiclid pellets

Freeze Dried Blood Worms- A good treat a couple times a week. You should be feeding a betta staple food the rest of the week

frozen Mysis Shrimp

Frozen Brine Shrimp

Frozen Blood Worms

mosquito larvae

peas - once a weak to prevent constipation. Some bettas love them

All very excellent suggestions. I had tried the hbh super soft before with my goldies and they liked it( they make a veggie version and a meaty version).The only problem you might have is you might have to break the pellets up a little cause they might be too large for a betta. I am thinking of getting Zeke some Omega One Betta Buffet. It is a flake and has the same high quality ingredients instead of fillers that Omega one Goldies food does. It's main ingredient is salmon and seafood. The person who gave me Zeke said he was eating flakes for them. I might try alternating the Betta Buffet with his betta shakers pellets and may even try the hbh super soft. I hope he likes them. Believe it or not he does not like freeze dried blood worms. If you get your food at vvvv and your fish does not like it they will give you a refund.So I may try some new foods out on him and give him some variety. Thanks for all the suggestions guys . keep them coming.

Yah I do have to cut the pellets up, especially for the girls. I still use the meaty kind for the main diet of my bettas and goldfish (goldies are supplemented with more veggie stuff though). I didn't know that about vvvv :)

yes they will take it back as long as you have a receipt. So don't throw away your receipts whenever you buy food incase your fishies don't like it and then you are not out any money

My fish won't touch 'betta banquet'... I believe Omega One makes this as well. I have tried feeding them flakes and they don't care for them at all. I use Hikari Betta Gold as the main staple, and they get a mixed diet of freeze-dried bloods, freeze-dried daphnia, and live brine every other afternoon. I also feed mine peas once a week. They all seem to like them, my plakat thai especially.

Archived