Water Changes.

Guest Betta_Fan

Guest Betta_Fan

When I change the water in Monty's bowl. Should I let the new water stand for 24 hours or so, even if I do have water conditioner? Just wondering because the water wouldnt be as cold if I let it stand for a day. :unsure:

I agree with bettaqueen that it is most beneficial to let the water sit out for a while if you can. I microwave a portion of the new water to make it the same temperature because if its too cold or too warm, your betta could go through temperature shock.

the idea about microwaving a portion of the water is a cool idea. Just make sure to use your thermometer to check the temp of the nuked water before adding it. Could be hotter than you think

Yah, what I do is scoop containers of the new water from the clean water bucket downstairs and microwave for a few minutes, then add them back to the bucket. Repeat until the bucket temperature is the same as the tank's. Dechlorinate and your ready to change the water!

I do it this way because the copper pipes and stuff releases more toxic copper into the water if its hot from the tap instead of cold. It's more work but its safer :)

Archived