Storing A Python

Jeana727

I do not have a Python, but I store all my longer syphon hoses in the same fashion. I have screwed in some large hooks into the walls of my utility room - up near the ceiling. These are the large, plastic coated hooks usually sold for bicycle storage. I can simply loop the hose up onto the hook, letting the two ends hang down. They drain throughly that way. There is little mold growth when the hose is allowed to drain and dry fully each time. I do, though, bleach or PP each hose at least once a month to make sure that there is no mold growth.

This would work with a 25 footer - maybe with only one loop in it. Drop a towel under the hook to soak up any drips.....

With a hose much longer than 8 feet or so, I would not think it would tend to dry properly in the middle. This would require a good cleaning with bleach or PP or some sterilization treatment at least once a month to keep things healthy.....

I run hot water through mine for about 5 minutes. Then I disconnect. The hot water makes the hose pliable so it can easily be coiled back up. Then I put the hose and connectors into a plastic bag until next time. :)

I like the idea of warming it to make it more pliable. As for storing it in a plastic bag, wouldn't it stay damp that way?

At the moment, mine is coiled up under my 100 gallon. It springs out when you open the cabinet door, though! :rolleyes: When I had a garage, I had an idea similar to Carol's where I could hang it up to dry, and that was great.

I like the idea of warming it to make it more pliable. As for storing it in a plastic bag, wouldn't it stay damp that way?

I always wipe the outside, but there does tend to be a few droplets all along the inside. I've never had a problem about it though. :unsure: But thanks, now you've got me paranoid about things growing in it!

Mine is a 50 footer! I have thought of rigging some sort of pulley up a tree. That way I could hook it up & let it hang up to dry perfectly. ((So far this is JUST an idea!)) :blink:

Mine is a 50 footer! I have thought of rigging some sort of pulley up a tree. That way I could hook it up & let it hang up to dry perfectly. ((So far this is JUST an idea!)) :blink:

I do exactly that with my 50 footer into the basement from the hook rack down the stairs into the sink....My boyfriend thinks I'm trying to kill him! he he he

Archived