Are My Fish Going To Die Soon !

Guest chris345

Guest chris345

i have five goldfishes in a 10 gallon tank. should i get another tank or should i let them stay in the one i have right now ??? I really don't know what to do. And is it expensive to get a bigger tank?? :)

If your 5 gold fish are around 2 inches long. They'll be Ok in a 10 gallon aquarium for a little while. But if you leave them in 10 gallon aquarium you will end up having problems.

For 5 gold fish you should have at least a 55 gallon aquarium.

A cheap alternative is to obtain a much larger container such as a rubbermaid tub or bucket. They will also need some type of filtration to help deal with the waste they are producing.

Please take a few minutes to go through the main website to better introduce yourself to the needs of your goldfish: http://www.kokosgoldfish.com

In particular, the Ten Steps to a Healthy Goldfish: http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/tensteps.html

Unfortunately your tank is pretty heavily overstocked. Are you keeping up with water tests? With that many fish it is important to really monitor it to be sure your ammonia is under control. I would definitely suggest an upgrade to a larger tank or multiple smaller tanks to split them up into. If cost is too big an issue check craigslist... you can sometimes find them for cheap in your area.

Wow I would say that to avoid any long term problems or repercussions (such as stunting or disabling the fish) that they need more room and better water quality now.

As someone said, a rubbermaid containor is a cheaper route to go for now until you can upgrade.

Are you testing the water? If not, do so asap and post the results we can better help you that way.

Archived