Too Many Rescues!

daust

Hi,

I've been on a crusade to rescue goldfish from my lfs's. They are all doing great and have recovered completely! :D Unfortunately, I've become over zealous in my rescue mission. I now have too many goldfish for my 90 gallon tank!! :( If anyone in the Toronto, Canada area would like some of these beautiful rescues, please let me know!

Angela

The only goldfish society I know of here is the Canadian goldfish society. I'm not sure where they are located. I really don't like the idea of shipping these goldfish; they've been through enough already!! :o That is why I was trying to find someone locally, and I could just drive them down to them. I've got 10 goldfish in a 90 gallon tank. Even though they are relatively small now, I know as they grow, the ratio of goldfish to gallons will cause problems. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

:) Contacting them doesn't necessarily mean that you'll need to ship,as they probably have member's all over Canada.That's just one way to have a better chance at getting a contact with someone who really cares about the fish,rather than just placing an ad or something. :)

Who knows,you may have another member right in your general area. :exactly

Good luck with your search. :)

Thanks! :) I'll try that. I'd really like to find these guys some caring homes. I'm always worried that they won't be spoiled like they are with me! :D

The only goldfish society I know of here is the Canadian goldfish society. I'm not sure where they are located. I really don't like the idea of shipping these goldfish; they've been through enough already!! :o That is why I was trying to find someone locally, and I could just drive them down to them. I've got 10 goldfish in a 90 gallon tank. Even though they are relatively small now, I know as they grow, the ratio of goldfish to gallons will cause problems. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

Actually the vvvv has fish shipped two day shipments from all over the world here in Chicago- - and they come thru at over 98% success if not higher- and the fish are shipped in plastic air filled bags to boot-

But it does not have a very nice ring to it I will grant you that.

Eric

Unfortunately, I haven't had much success with fish being shipped. I ordered four bettas from Florida last year. They were shipped through DHL courier service. They lost the package in their warehouse. To this day I don't know what happened to them. Recently, I ordered two betta from Thailand. They were shipped by FedEx. They delivered them to my front porch (I wasn't home) and left them there, outside in below zero temperatures even though I had told them to deliver them to my neighbour. One died, and the other took a week to recover. :( I don't have a lot of faith in shipping companies anymore. Thus my apprehension of shipping these guys!! If you feel like doing some skiing in Canada this winter, however, you're welcome to swing by and pick them up! :D

Angela

Archived