How Old Are My Goldfish?

Guest Chipie

Hi everyone,

I was wondering about the age of the 2 inches fancy goldfish being sold everywhere. Anybody here know about what age they would be ?

:rolleyes:

Thanks

Andr?e R

I think that would be a hard question to answer. Alot can depend on the environment they were bred and raised in to the point of now.

If they weren't in optimal conditions they could be stunted.

Maybe someone can give you a guideline but to really say I don't think you can without knowing their past.

Yes i understand but what if a goldfish was in optimal conditons, how old would be a 2 inches goldfish ? Anybody know ?

in perfect conditions since they were born, they would be less then a year...

Well i guess that the pet store or even the breeders must only feed a normal amount. So i guess that my goldies must be pretty young. I have been looking around on the Internet for all kind of informations about goldies but could never find a place where normal size for a given age was given. Thanks a lot for the information. As usual i can always count on you all for helping.

Merci beaucoup!

Andr?e R

I heard if the fish were raised in pond settings, one could determine the age based on the seasonal rings that develop on the fish scales (like with trees). However, with indoor fish, I think it's simply too difficult. :idont

well at least it is nice to know we do not need a chainsaw to see the rings- that is a piece of information I have never seen - - that indoor diff is an interesting poine - say something if you find out-

Archived