Aqaurium Salt

Aleiah

I am no expert but I don't think it will hurt them. however if you are trying to add it your water you should try desolving the salt in some tank water first in a seperate container and then adding it to your tank next time.

Here's a cool tip!-I usualy put it in the main chamber of my filter and let if filter into the water. It does not hurt the filter unless you put it into the actual mechanical part. Try putting it into/behind the filter cartrige.

oh thank you guys so much for the tips! i learn something new every single day!

but i know that sometimes fish can suffer from salt burn, so i wanted to make sure that Moose didn't "burn" his innards... i've been watching his poop to make sure, and i'm so worried, :krazy: since he's our pride and joy... :heart

i guess i should have put this in the illness section, huh? :rolleyes:

oh thank you guys so much for the tips! i learn something new every single day!

but i know that sometimes fish can suffer from salt burn, so i wanted to make sure that Moose didn't "burn" his innards... i've been watching his poop to make sure, and i'm so worried, :krazy: since he's our pride and joy... :heart

i guess i should have put this in the illness section, huh? :rolleyes:

the only time you should be addingh it is in proportion to the amount of water removed and replaced- mix it in with the dechlorinator when you add water- remember- and some people do noit know this - salt remains in solution but is not evaporative- nor is it removed by most canister filters-

It is best to dillute the salt before it goes in with the fish, the filter way is a neat trick.

wouldn't it affect the carbon and the zeolyte if i put it in the filter first?

wouldn't it affect the carbon and the zeolyte if i put it in the filter first?

:) Generally it's better to run without carbon and zeolyte if you want to reach a complete cycle. These two are intended to remove ammonia and other chemicals and can withhold the growth of beneficial bacteria.

However, you're right, adding salt to carbon and zeolyte can cause a re-release of toxins into aquarium water.

Archived