How Many Outlets Do Your Fish Use?

Kissy

How Many Outlets Do Your Fish Use?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Outlets do your Fish Use?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 21-25
    • 26+

This is a fun little poll :D

I've got outlets taken up by 5 fish tanks: 4 heaters, 3 filters, 2 aerators, 2 lights. I have a couple of those outlet bar things and all those with 2 more for a cell phone charger and an alarm clock, my room ran out! Good thing my fish don't all need the deluxe equipment.

I only voted for the number I use on my goldfish tank which is 5. Threee HOB filters, heater and the light. But all in all I am using 12 for fish tanks.

Right now,I have 18 Fish tanks running,and two Rubbermaid tubs.

Sharon :heart , instead of weekly sessions for "The Addiction", I think you need the residential type of therapeutic help! :rofl 18 tanks!!!! Does it seem like as soon as you finish all your water changes, its time to start all over again?

You mean I actually finish and they stop for a minute?????? :hmm Go figure!!!!! :rofl

If I get thrown off my schedule,forget it.At some point I forget which ones are done,which are next,etc...That's what happened this week. :thud

:) I have always had a high electricity bill in this big house and the fact that my kids being older always had something running, and I'm not as bad as Dev, I only have 10 tanks, I really can not say my electricity bill is any higher then normal. Its higher 8 months of the year because of constant use of the air conditioning, but no more then when I did not have the tanks!

yup I only have one betta but his tank uses 3 outlets. lights, filter and heater. I hog up the other three on the power strip- cell phone charger, alarm clock radio, and table lamp. Hard to imagine one betta can take up 3 outlets.

OMG! Let's see...

Betta tank - filter and light strip - 2

goldfish tank - two filters, one two-way air pump, one light strip - 4

'ICU' tank - one air pump, one heater - 2

Tropical tank - Two filters, other side of two-way pump, and light strip - 3

snail tank - light strip, air pump, and filter - 3

14 here, all run off two surge protector strips. :)

• 7 months later...

Only 1, cuz only 1 tank running right now. But all of the power cords plug into my timer, which fits neatly under the tank stand. So the outlet is used by the timer and the light for the UV sterilizer. It's very neat and tidy. :yeah:

..if you guys with like.. 18+ fish tanks don't mind me asking.. how much does that add onto your electricity bill!?

I only have one tank running, but my electric bill is anywhere from $150-250 per month regardless because my whole house is electric - not to mention the swimming pool and automatic sprinklers.

Archived