Working Yet Again At A Pet Store! Lol

gialeigh

I am still working at the greenhouses fulltime, but I decided to help out at the local pet store after I get off work.

Its a small privatly owned petstore run by a younger man named Anthony. He put me to work in the fish room. I swear he treats them better than I have ever seen at any petstore. They all get high quality food, including frozen brine shrimp, sardines, squid, and krill. Different fish get fed according to their needs.

They get regular water changes and any problem seen with the fish is PROMPTLY treated with the appropriate medication. They test their water regularly. The tanks are spotless. He even worries about shocking the fish with the lights when we leave the store. I have to turn the main lights on, then turn the tank lights off, then turn the main light off (so the sudden light change doesnt freak them out, lol). He really is a huge fish fanatic and spoils them rotten. Its wonderful working for a place that treats the animals like this. All the other animals in the shop are spoiled just as much.

He purposely UNDERSTOCKS his tanks, including (and especially) the goldfish tanks so that they are under the least stress possible.

Anyway, I am just so thrilled with this place. I just wanted to share. Its so good to find a place that really cares about the wellfare of the fishy pets they sell. Im actually hoping to work there full time after Christmas. :)

Im thinking of leaving the greenhouses. It is too much like factory work and I am not learning anything about the plants (which was my goal). Being a laborer is ok for some people, but I just cant do it. I have to use my brain for something on a daily basis, not just my muscle. Im not learning anything and there is no chance for advancment (small family owned) so its not really worth my time.

Besides its a 45 minute drive to a job Im not really thrilled with. Its 10 minutes to the pet store. We are going to move by spring time anyway and there is no telling at this point where we will end up, but we are thinking of going with our original plan of WV. We have visited it several times and we like it better there than here in VA.

Anyways, lol, yeah, I like it there. Its just nice to see a pet store that spoils their fish because honestly that is not something Ive seen before. :D Am I a dork? Yes, you can say it. hehe

There used to be a store like that in my town and there was also another that was pretty good too but "vvvv" (ugh...) just made a new location in april here last year and put both of them out of business in june/july. Now, vvvv is the only one left in my area.

I am holding a big grudge against vvvv now...

Archived