Anti-bacterial Food

YokulX

Hello,

My ryukin has been acting rather sluggish, he/she bottom sits and doesn't eat that much. I suspect he/she may have a bacterial infection because the poop is very thin and white/clear. I just bought anti-bacterial food (Jungle brand). I was wondering if it is good??

The food is better than nothing IMO. It has helped a few of my fish recover from it but its not the best medicated food. After feeding that to my dropsied fish, the not as sick ones recovered but the severely sick one it didn't do to much except prolong their lives. This is just my personal experience and I hope I could help :)

It contains one antibiotic, whereas the others, such as Medi-Gold and Metromed contain several.

Jungle brand is readily available, so that is a good thing because you can start feeding an antibiotic right away, but I would suggest one of the others as a better alternative long term.

:) I also use the medicated foods from Goldfishconnection.com! They are both very good choices. I do wish they were sold locally though but they are not so I just make sure I always have it on hand and order as needed!

Archived