Oranda Tail

Guest im-trying

Guest im-trying

hi probably me just being silly again

...but

my oranda rey, his tail is growning again but its growing a b it funny, since i got him he has had blood streaks in his tail which have stayed as prominent in the tail for the four months ive had him, he was one of my first fish....from pets at home ^^'''

He isnt acting strange and the params are good ammonia 0 nitrite 10 (ish) nitrate 0 im doing a 25%-30% water change every saturday with a gravel vacume each week as well.

But his tail is growing you can see the white edge to it and it is definatly getting bigger not the tail getting bleached. But the new growth looks uneaven like a bit serated but it isnt in a regular patern, what makes it stranger is that the uneaveness is mimiced in each side of the tail so both sides look the same with the iregular edge.

Is this a normal or is it somthing to worry about?

First - I hope you mean that the nitrIte is zero - not 10. If it were 10, your fish would be DEAD. I am assuming you have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrIte and 10 nitrAte.....

When tails (or other fins - but tails, particularly) are badly torn and regenerate, they often regenerate with tissue that has a "different" looking structure. Sometimes it looks almost delicately corragated... or sometimes pleated.

This is normal. The regenerated tissue is not necessarily going to be the same as what was lost, unfortunately. The tail will look good, though, and, it sound in your case, it is going to be symetrical and balanced. That is good! :)

As long as the tail is a healthy looking white, and is regrowing, it sounds like it is healing well. :)

Guest im-trying

oh for **** sake ive got them mixed up again!!! nitrate is 10 nitrite is 0 sorry

I had some fin nipping a while ago but i didnt think he got touched, which is the wierd thing.

But thanks for the reasurance :)

Archived