Candystripe Pleco?

GoinNuts

can you post a pic, or at least a verbal description of its appearance?

although judging by the label, I'm guessing it's possibly a Peckoltia clown pleco or a zebra pleco. It could also be an undidentified "L-number" plec.

Guest im-trying

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...cfm?pCatId=1040

one of those?

i had thought about getting one of those but i have never seen them recomended for goldfish but on the other hand ive never heard of anyone saying dont do it.

On the surface it looks okay it grows to 4 inch same as the rubber lip and it is okay for a tropical community and live aquaria say its a good community fish.

If you had the tank heated i guess it could work in theory but id have a spare tank or a back up plan to house them elsewhere if it didnt work out.

If you want somthing a bit different you could try and find an interesting variation of the bristlenose, i have an albino which is lovley :) but at the same store they had the light coloured ones dark ones near black ones and even a large spotted male one and that family of plecos are commonly accepted as safe with goldfish :)

hope ive helped:)

i should probs say im not a pro at all still quite a noob so my advise may be flawed ^^''

zebra-pleco.jpg

And if it isn't the above, here's a pic of the zebra plec Man Yu mentions.

I have heard only bristle or rubbernose should be kept with goldies.

:) My thoughts right away were a Peckoltia also,as im-trying showed.I've had these guys before.They stay small,prefer warmer waters and tend to like the lower side of the ph.They're very quiet mild mannered fish.

As for keeping them with Goldies,I personally would say no myself.I think that not only with the ph/temp difference,but the fact that Goldies are so more outgoing/in your face kind of fish,that a fish like the Candy Stripe Plec,would never feel content being in the middle of all that "ruckus".To me,they're just much more suited to a calm,Tropical tank. JMO though. :)

Thanks for the replies, everyone. It is the one that im-trying linked. So glad I didn't take the LFS employee's word and plunk down the $8 for him!

I'll just keep searching for a bristlenose or rubbernose. One of my LFS just HAS to get some in someday, right?

Lisa

Archived