Is This Pinkness,

vmlola

:) There is this Calico Oranda at vvvv that I have been watching now for a couple of weeks. He has the most adorable face, chubby little cheeks and a little yellow wen. He reminds me of Popeye The Sailor Man, because of his cheeks. All he needs is the pipe. :heart

But the thing is, his gill areas on both sides show through very pink. I have seen this here on pics of fry that members have shown, but this little guy is about three inches long including tail. He looks and acts very healthy. The girl working last night said he eats fine and has been like that since they got him. She thought he showed the pink because of his coloring and his gill plates were light and translucent.

What do you guys think?? Is this normal? Its probably hard to say without a pic, I tried but there were so many fish in the tank it was impossible with my camera phone.

I would love to get him :heart , but I'm not sure if this is an indication of an illness.

Quick, run and get him

Think they'll mind if I'm in my PJ's? :rofl Better get a shower and out the door!

Guess I'm out of here in a little bit, he was yelling at me through the tank glass last night about 850 pm, so I'm sure he will still be there this morning!

Thanks for your quick reply! :heart

I will move this to the discussion area so you can post pics of him when you get him

Thanks Laurie for moving it!

I put it here, in the DX section, firs,t as I was not sure what I was looking at with this fish!

:) Well, I got him and he is just perfect! He has the blackiest eyes and a very yellow wen! And from the side it appears that he has on an orange sweater! He seems to be in love with himself as he keeps following and kissing his reflection. Too funny!

I will get some pics later! Its off to see where the Federal Court House is as I have Jury Duty tomorrow and do not know where the building is! :krazy:

I can't believe you Lorrie, you are hysterical. I have lost track of how many fish you have, and I don't feel so bad about buying the one in NY now. Have fun at jury duty. I'm sure the kids will miss you.

Rach, hmmmmm, let see, I need to go count........................... OMG, I have 25 goldfish! I am sic! :krazy:

I am not happy about the Jury Duty! Its the Federal court and I am on call for the month of Dec. Really a big problem for me.

I was thinking it would be a problem for you but wasn't sure.

OMG :yikes I knew you had a lot of fish but I didn't know it was that many. However I now see have this happens. I'm drooling over 3 goldies here. I have to go back through your pics and see if I can count all of them.

I was thinking it would be a problem for you but wasn't sure.

This has been going on since Nov. 30th. I have to call three nights a week after 5 pm to see if they need me the next morning and I have to call on Sat mornings after 10 am to see if they need me Monday morning. What a pain in the backside for people that work as you have no time to let anyone know. I will be glad when this is over.

My brother did jury duty too once. Luckily it was a short case and out quickly. Good luck that it winds up soon...and I know its very secret and you can't tell us :D though we'd love to hear!! The little oranda sounds adoreable :heart and lucky to have you and a ready made family of 25 ;)

:) Well, I was excused from jury duty! Took my entire morning and I just got back home, but I'm glad as we were told that the case would start today and probably would last until Thursday! :krazy: That would not work out well for me.

I'm still on call for the rest of the month of Dec., but the clerk said nothing is on the records for next week. So hopefully today was it.

:) Sorry it took so long to get some pics posted of this cutie, but every time I tried to get some good ones someone wouldn't sit still! :rofl

I did get a couple, not great, but better then I had,

100_1822.jpg

100_1820.jpg

100_1823.jpg

Isn't that the greatest little face!!!!! :heart , He has the chubbiest little cheeks, although I can not really capture them with a pic! But any how, once I learned that the pink coloring was not a problem I had to go back and buy him!

Huge big black eyes

Imogen, he does have huge black eyes doesn't he!!! Those eyes and the cheeks are what grabbed me when I saw him!

I have been calling him "Jack"!

He's very handsome and the pebbles are just the right color with him.

Jack's nice :) - and easy to add a y or ie if you found it necessary later :D

The vvvv near me never has nice looking calico orandas, not fair-

Believe me, ours is hit or miss! Sometimes the selection here is not very good! But sometimes I luck out! This particular one was just too cute to pass by. He is small, about 2 in, so I hope his little puffy cheeks continue to grow with him! There was a calico pearlscale on the east side vvvv that I saw on Monday, and I can't stop thinking of him, I just may venture out sometime today and if hes still there, almost a week later, you know what that means..................................... Hes a com'in home with MaMa!!!!!

Archived