Time For A Proper Introduction...

SusanH

I've been here for awhile and realized I've never formally introduced myself! I figured I should introduce myself here vs. the new members area, as I don't think I count as "new" anymore.

My name is Susan (obviously) I am 18 years old, and live with my fiance in Washington state. I work at my local fish store and love animals of all types. I have 3 whites tree frogs, 2 dogs (a Welsh Corgi and a rescued mutt) and lotsa fish :P . As far as tanks go... I have a betta bowl, a 9 gallon, a 10 gallon, a 20 gallon, a 36 gallon, a 55 gallon, putting together my 70 gallon, a 180 gallon, and a 3,000 gallon pond, *whew!* I eep mostly goldfish, though have some interesting cichlids and catfish and am starting saltwater. In my spare time I like to play poker, play guitar, jog and teach my puppy new tricks. One day I'd like to have a Moluccan cockatoo. For now I am just researching and interacting with as many cockatoos as I can find to make sure it is what I really want to do (If anyone here has one or has before, please tell me about your experience with them!) I am very much into music and I lean towards bands like Simon and Garfunkel, Sting, Eric Johnson, guns N Roses, etc. Of course all classical music. I found this website when my goldfish was sick (RIP Barlow) and it was so informative and tactful I stayed. Thanks very much to everyone here- you've been helpful and friendly! I am glad to have met you all :)

Hi Susan - welcome to Koko's! I hope you enjoy this site as much as i have in the last 4 months, and are able to learn a lot about goldies and teir friends. Warning - you may become a hopeless koko's addict, alot of people here are. I should know - i'm one of them! Great to have you here!

Dana.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice to meet you and hear more about you Susan. Yes you are very right. Kokos members are kind and tactful and that is one reason we all hang out here so much. Another reason is all the info and experience with fish people here have to share as you found with your sick fish Barlow RIP :( .

It sounds like a lovely family you have there with all your pets and a pond (very jealous! :D and would love to hear more about that sometime) You also have some neat hobbies. A big welcome to kokos :exactly

Hi Susan - That's a lot of water changing you have to do! As to Cockatoos, I have a Citron-crested Cockatoo, named Buddy Girl. She is 12 years old, and we raised her from a chick. Very bonded to our family, bossy and quite a character. We also have an 85 pound doberman and there is no doubt that she is the boss. She lives with us in our kitchen and she eats what we eat. Flank steak is her favorite. If we won't "share" our dinner, we hear about it. Although, I have to say that Citron-cresteds are very quiet as cockatoos go.

She loves to sing and dance, so when there is good tune on the TV, she chimes right in. Her favorite song is the theme from the Andy Griffith show.

Anyway, nice to meet you and see you on the board.

Dennis

Archived