Tetra Brand Blood Worms

Guest shin

The reason why I'm posting this is because I purchased a pack of this for my fish and my turtles. After about 3 or so days of feeding it I noticed some of my orandas fins were quite bloody, there have always been blood in their tails but not that much and now its on their fins too, and some blood spots on their bodies. Do you think it could have been caused by some kind of bacteria in it? Does anyone else have this kind of problem? I probably wont feed it to them anymore until I found out whether or not this caused it.

The reason why I'm posting this is because I purchased a pack of this for my fish and my turtles. After about 3 or so days of feeding it I noticed some of my orandas fins were quite bloody, there have always been blood in their tails but not that much and now its on their fins too, and some blood spots on their bodies. Do you think it could have been caused by some kind of bacteria in it? Does anyone else have this kind of problem? I probably wont feed it to them anymore until I found out whether or not this caused it.

that sounds like Septicemia - which if caught early can be stopped by Maracyn-Two

Eric

Maybe it was a bad batch. I don't know if it was a coincidence that Septicemia attacked when I started feeding it. I'm probably going to go back to anti-bacterial food for now and maybe macaryn 2 if it doesnt clear up but so far its not as bloody as before.

Several people - I would go so far as to say more than several- here have experienced the same thing with freeze-dried bloodworms. Some fish seem to be sensitive to them. I stopped feeding them immediately when my fish developed exactly the same symptoms as yours after eating them.

I was thinking about feeding frozen blood worms instead now, do you have to defrost it before feeding or heat them up? I've never fed frozen food to my fish before besides peas which I used boiling hot water to warm them up.

Okay thanks for the info, I'll try it some day. Do you by any chance have the price roughly? I don't have a fortune to spend on the food but it would be a good treat for my fish :)

Archived