Sign in to follow this  
IloveSpaceboy

My Babies Finally Got A Larger Tank Again

It's still a little overcrowded, I'm aware, but I wanted to get them into a larger tank and a 29 gallon is all I could afford right now. Anyway, here is my 29 gallon tank with all my fake plants, there's one real one in the corner though. Mars (finally not looking too big for his tank), Phoenix, Sparky and Skittles have been exploring since I stuck them in there today.

I'm going to shut up and show some pics. Sorry they're blurry, I have to figure out how to take pictures with this new tank, lol.

100_0904.jpg

100_0905.jpg

100_0907.jpg

Nice fish! They look surprisingly healthy despite the slight over-crowding. Nice tank setup too.

Thank you both.

It's funny you call them little. To me Mars is huge at a mere 3". My others are all little though, the largest being 1 3/4".

My downfall with decorating tanks is that I love color and I love lots of plants (which I just discovered). I have seen so many gorgeous tanks from others that I wish I could create myself, but alas I am not that talented.

Any increase in tank size for these guys are a good thing.As for the decorating,I think it looks fine. I love the blue gravel and all the plants. :)

:) Looks great! Love the colors and the plants! :heart Congrats on getting it set up!!!!

If you start to run into a little trouble with your water params due to the size of your tank and number of fish, you could remove the gravel and decor to give that much more water volume in the tank. What are you running for filtration on the tank? That will also make a difference in the condition of the water.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm into organized chaos when it comes to decorating.

Right now I'm running the filter that came with the tank. I bought a kit since it was at nooppee for cheap. Right now they're getting tubiflex worms for the first time and they love them. But yeah, the filter was made for a 20-40 gallon. I have an extra 10 gallon filter that I can put in there if I need to, if I can figure out how to make it fit. I've been checking the water daily since I set it up (been set up for 4 days, just put the fish in today) and so far so good as far as the cycling is concerned. I'm planning on constantly checking it to make sure everything is all right. For the past month they've been in a 10 gallon and I've been doing constant water changes and cleanings and they've grown and fattened up a little and the water was good. Thanks to all the info on the boards I was able to keep them healthy even under the WAY overcrowded situation.

If I end up having problems I will definately add the other filter and take the decor out. Thanks for the advice and you can be sure I'll be checking in if I have any problems. I was tempted to get another 55 gallon but it was just out of my price range and I don't know if my tables can support it since my stand broke when my tank did.

Sorry, didn't mean to babble.

Your tank looks great. It is a good idea to add the filter from 10 g tank. Good job buddy :D

Thanks and I figured out a way to add the 10 gallon filter, I was brainstorming how to do it earlier, and I figured it out. So now I have two filters for them, it's funny that the water force from the 10 gallon is stronger than the 20-40 gallon it came with.

This is also the first time I've ever had a heater. Is there anything that I should be worried about? I've had the tank running for a few days so I have the temp for it under control. I was just wondering if there is anything I should be looking out for. My apartment is really regulated on temp so it's never really been a problem, but it's getting colder now and I'm trying to save on electric so the house heater won't be on as much.

They look so happy.

Edited by IloveSpaceboy

I think that you have a great looking tank there! The colours are great, and i like that log decoration. The goldies must love swimming though it, and hiding in it! Such cutie little fish - so deceptively small looking, you'd never guess how much room they'll need someday. But it's so exciting to think that, with the care you're giving them, that you will see them live to outgrow their tank!

Dana.

Your tank looks great. I love the blue gravel and your fish are so cute!

Lol, I say why wait? I have no self control when it comes to that stuff. My 29 gallon was supposed to be a present, so was my new electric guitar :ignore ...yeah, the guitar has so much usage as of this point, lol.

Nice big tank full of frolicking fishies! What could be better? :happydance