Sign in to follow this  
Guest EggTart

Choking Goldfish!

Guest EggTart

so, i just realized that one of my commons still has this chunk of pea in its mouth.. i seriously didnt see it till this morning. my commons chin is like sticking out.. is tehre anyway i can get this chunk of pea out? ><or will it just digest somehow? please msg back! ><

Eggtart, can you see the pea?

If so, then you will have to grab it with a pair of tweezers.

Do this gently. Grab the fish gently with your non writing hand, (have the tweezers in your writing hand). Gently raise the fish to the surface but keep him over the water of the tank or bucket. Once he reaches just above the surface he'll open his mouth really wide, at that point quickly but gently grab the pea with the tweezers and gently pull it out.

(can't say gently enough.....).

Seriously he should be ok if you can do this. It can be nerve racking but it is ok, you can do it.

Guest EggTart

yes, i can see it >< thats what scares me ><

omgosh realli? a pair of tweezers? soo i hold him with my non writing hand.. and then hold the tweezers with my writing hand.. and then just slowly bring him up and get it out? >< but hes soo tiny! ><

Edited by EggTart

How big is he?

Yes that is what you do.

Guest EggTart

hmm.. i fed him peas... a night ago. and surprisingly, its still swimming fine. should i just leave it and see if it goes away? because my tweezers are too big for his mouth.. and he keeps moving soo much! ><

2 inches isn't as small as I was thinking. Hopefully you can find a pair of tweezers that will work.

Good luck getting it out of there, I hope he'll be ok afterwards.

Any updates eggtart?

:( Poor fishy.

You could try scaring him a little. Usually if the food is soft enough my fish will spit them out right away after a little fright.

Did you microwave the pea before feeding?

you could take a wooden shishcabob thingy stick and put it in its gills not like stabbing it but...uggh if you try it you'll get my point it doesnt hurtthe fish unless you do something wrong.Really wrong.

Liver Loo, I think that in the 2 weeks either the fish died or he got it out already.

I wish he would've updated us.