Treatment And Diagnosis Question

Guest ctrainor

Guest ctrainor

Hi guys,

So it's breeding season and that means that I had two beat up girls after being chased around the tank like crazy. One of the girls deveolped a raised small patch of scales on her side behind her left gill about 2 days after being beaten up. I assumed it was the beginning of a fungal infection due to an open spot in the skin. It looks as if it could develope an ulcer here if left alone. I have had her in the hospital tank now for 2 rounds of four days of treatment with Fungus Clear, 25% water change between the two. There has been NO change, for the better or worse. What do I try now? Should I go to Maracyn I or an I miss diagnosing it?

There is no fluffy white stuff, but looks like it is under the scales. Thanks guys!

Christan

Normally when skin is broken like that from breeding/parasites,etc.,there's a much greater risk of bacteria setting in where those raised/broken scales are,so

It's of the utmost importance to keep water params absolutely pristene during this as part of the healing process. Along with good water quality,you can also salt your tank to an 0.3 concentration which should help.

If that doesn't seem to show any improvement in a few days,I'd look into something like the Maracyn II because it covers both gram + and gram - bacteria.

What are your water params as we speak,and if you could possibly answer as many questions up above as you can,that too would be great.The more info we have,the easier we can help you. :)

Guest ctrainor

Thanks Devs,

Sorry about not including water params.....everything is 0 since she is in the hospital tank....

pH is 7.6, same as main tank.....same water.

I will try treating with medicated food and Maracyn II.

Thanks,

Christan

Archived