Where Should I Buy Goldfish?

burge130

Hi, I live in NY, Queens...I have been looking for a good goldfish store for a long time. There was one store that I used to like going to, Aquarium Adventure in Garden City, then they stopped taking care of their goldfish, they had about 8 tanks and all of them were filled with anchor worms, sores, fish lice etc. I figured they got a bad shipment and left, I came back 3 months later and there is no change in the tanks, I was really disappointed. Anyway, does anyone know of any good goldfish stores? Or if buying goldfish online is a good idea?

Hi Rebecca,

It depends on what kinda gf are you looking for. If you are looking for a show quality one, you should find the online one. Otherwise here are some sstores in the list if you click on the link.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=24216

there's a couple in chinatown you can check out.

there's a place called "aqua pet star" on 172 mulberry st.. this place is hit or miss. i always get my plants from there, but there are times when he doens't have much. depends on when he gets a shipment of new goods.

on the backside of that store, there's another shop that sells fish. i've never bought anything from there before.

on the corner of mulberry and mott there's another store that sells some interesting fish. they have a huuuuge tank set up in the window with tons of tiny baby orandas and occasionally moores. the fish there are lively, but his goldfish selection is small. he seems to specialize more in exotic fish. there's a good number of koi there as well.

edit: in that above link...erin mentions Pacific Aquarium on delancey st. i've never been there, but it's definitely worth checking out. all listed shops are within walking distance of each other. they're all located in chinatown and owned by chinese. i don't usually buy enough to haggle, but i'm sure there's some wiggle room in price if you buy enough!

Archived