Mithra, My Little Orphan Left Me Last Night.

After all he had been through I couldn't pull him through all his past mistreatment. At least he was happy for a short time. Poe seems fine, I just hope he can make it through and I can transfer one of my others in with him so he'll have a friend again.

I'll miss Mithra, it's amazing how attached you get after a week.

Oh that is very sad news :( I'm so sorry you lost him...

You did everything you possibly could have done for him, you gave him a chance at life where someone else was going to take it away. If you hadn't have found him in the trash when you did, he would have been lost. I think you should be very proud of yourself for eveything you've done. I know it's hard, even after a week, but you gave him a good chance. Mithra was a beautiful fish. Best of luck with Poe.

:( OMG! I'm shocked to read this! I did not know that he was showing signs of being sick. After all he had been through and you saving him I thought he would have a long healthy life!

I'm so sorry!

:rip: Mithra!

He had been 'bottom sitting' since I brought him home. He would get up and swim around a couple times a day, perk up when I fed him, but he'd always go back to his corner. I've been worried about him due to that, but I wasn't thinking too much of it since otherwise he was fine. I'd pull out the camera and he'd come and find it and pose. It was only yesterday that he didn't really move anymore and since he died last night I couldn't have helped him even if I had known exactly what to do.

I'm thinking he had some problems from his previous owner and who knows how long they were out in that weather.

He was happy though when he was with me and that makes me feel better.

oh my goodness that is so sad! :cry1 i'm so shocked to hear that he died. I'm so sorry. But he was lucky to have died in your care surrounded by love, than in a plastic bag in a dumpster.

I hope Poe is doing well.

RIP little Mithra :rip: you will be truley missed.

Oh no! I'm so sorry that Mirtha is gone. He was such a cute little oranda. You could tell from the pictures that he was happy for the short time he was with you.

Thanks everyone. I wish I could do more for Mithra, but everyday that Poe is happy and healthy makes me feel that Mithra's death wasn't in vain. It's weird sometimes though I think I see him in the tank, it's like the ghost of Mithra, my baby is still here with me.

Archived