What Is This?

Guest elmo

i bought my first oranda 4 days ago.

my 10 gallon aquarium cycled. water test were fine.

first day he was really calm and did not eat anything.

second day first pop transparent

third day i saw some white dot on his head and fin

fourth day the white spot grew on his head

today the white part cover almost 25% of his head.

is this ich?

how should i treat?

thank you.

here is the link to the pics of my oranda

320494302_5a49d81b16_m.jpg

Sorry to hear your oranda isn't looking well.

First we are going to need you to answer all the questions at the top of the page. We especailly need exacts on the water.

It looks like it could be the start of something bad, what I am not sure. Have you looked up "hole in the head" disease?

the head became white and later a big piece fell off. the next day it passed away.

i talked to the store. they told me that they received similar complaints from customer. apparently there is some kind of diseases with this batch of orandas. they contacted the breeder.

I was sorry to read about the passing of your fish. I hope that you are able to get to the bottom of the issue with the breeder. I look forward to hearing about any new fish you may get in the future!

Dana.

I actually saw some orandas in my LFS with that same problem. :( It turned all white and after a few minutes when it was like that it just fell off. There was a big hole in the wen and I'm not sure whether or not it healed or died. I think it "re-filled" a little bit the last time I saw it. I have no clue what it could be but I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Archived