Sign in to follow this  
Torbe

New Baby Guppies

I have a friend who is giving me five baby guppies that she did not know what to do with. Now I have owned bettas and goldies for years, but my mom says that five baby guppies should be fine in a one gallon tank for a few months until my birthday. Is that okay or am I going to kill those poor fish with too little water? Also, I recently bought some guppy food called Tetra color xtreme which says it's for tropical fish. Is that a good food. I have a small heater for a two gallon tank, but I don't have anything for a smaller tank. Will the Junior heater work if I only ise it for a shart time each day? Thanks.

hmm... guppies can reach their full adult length in a few months...

But i guess the tank would be ok, just make sure your water is good.

I dont know about that food. i just feed mine really squshed up flakes.

As for the heater, you dont really need it unless the tank temp drops below 65ish

Also, they can be sucked into the filter very eaisly, so i would recamed covering the intake with some thin cloth or something. for my tank, i just slip a filter around it

yes but you should take a small container or something and dip it into the water and por out the water slowly but a little above the water so there are bubbles to put oxygon in to the water you may not have to do that but just in case