Christmas Decorations For The Aquarium

goldphishe

I know this may sound kinda lame, but I thought it would be fun for the goldfish tank if I put some sort of christmas decor in the tank

I've checked on google and ebay, but i can't find anything. anyone know if there is such a thing? like a resin christmas tree or something?

I haven't found anything either. I was looking for a glass tree or a candy jar shaped like one. All I found was a mug with a tree on it.

I will have to use clings on the outside I guess. :(

If you find some decent ceramics, be sure it doesn't have a glaze that can release toxins into water. Same with glass too.

Ah, yes, I was going to say something about this too. Especially since many things, including some mugs, are made with lead paint.

Guest spacecadet

Hey I thought your idea was great why not share the holiday spirit with our aqua buddies. The only thing that I have found to use that has not been purchased from the pet store and is completely safe is Liquid Acrylic Rubber- (after several hours of research try under liquid acrylic rubber/aquariums in the search bar) if you are crafty you can make anything you want. What you must start with is something non toxic or use Tough Stuff spray foam make a pile let it sit outside or in your house in the open to let it air to make it non toxic about 3 or so days then carve out the decorations and here comes the fun part with the liquid acrylic rubber. Mix non toxic paint into the l.a.r. to get the color (starts grey) paint you want on it leaving no spaces uncovered on whatever you are going to make. then let it sit no less than 7 days low humidity air drying then it will be aquarium safe.

I actually found a small christmas tree made of ceramic. I was thinking it would be safe. It appears to have been fired not just painted. It is a salt shaker, so I am guessing that since it is designed to hold something intended for human consumption- it has to be lead free what do you think?

That pet place sells a couple xmas decorations for the fish tank, let me see if I can find them online.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/Products/KW/fi...4/Itemdy00.aspx

http://www.thatpetplace.com/Products/KW/ch...6/Itemdy00.aspx

http://www.thatpetplace.com/Products/KW/sa...2/Itemdy00.aspx

They may have more but these are the ones I saw in the catalog around a month ago, they all come in 2 sizes.

I found a couple of decorations designed for aquarium use.A Santa and a Penguin.However I had to remove them from my tank as the paint on them started to bubble :( For Bubbles safety they were removed.

Archived