My Bowfront Setup

Tinkokeshi

NewSetup02.jpg

:) the label on my fishtank stand package.

NewSetup03.jpg

all the parts scattered everywhere. :blink:

NewSetup04.jpg

some progress...

NewSetup05.jpg

some more progress...

NewSetup06.jpg

hehe i put it on a piano moving dolly thing so i could move it to the side of the room i wanted it at.

NewSetup08.jpg

the whole shebang...

NewSetup09.jpg

with the lights!

:heart i just finished adding water. hehe i realize there aren't actually any fish, but they'll be in there, and then i'll update. :D

:) Looks wonderful! Isn't it fun setting up a new tank!!!! Where are you in TX? I'm in El Paso, so I'm sure your not close, as nothing in TX is! :rofl

Can't wait to see your fish in their new home!

hehe thanks y'all... there's still LOTS of work to be done on it. i'm debating between another HOB filter or a refugium. i had another HOB for it, but i put that on the 29 gal that my goldies are in right now. a refugium kit is expensive though. :unsure: so we'll see.

vmlola, i use to be from texas. i use to live near dallas, in plano, but i recently moved to arizona. i'm teaching here, and i'll be here until the end of the school year. then i'm going back to school in dallas. :D haha can't wait!

i'll definitely update with photos when i get more done. :heart

Congratulations! Looks like a very nice tank and stand, how many gallons does it hold? It's so exciting putting a new kit together isn't it?! Can't wait for the fish pics either. Good luck with it and enjoy! :D

:-) it's 72 gal. bowfront. haha it was pretty exciting until i started putting together the stand with an old fashioned screw driver (i couldn't find our electric one)... ouch pretty hard on the hands. all in all though, i'm happy. :D can't wait to transfer my two babies! :heart they'll be so happy!

How much was it, if you don't mind me asking. I am looking for a bigger tank since I'm now more overcrowded than I was expecting. I can't afford anything right now but I want to start looking at things and getting ideas.

How much was it, if you don't mind me asking. I am looking for a bigger tank since I'm now more overcrowded than I was expecting. I can't afford anything right now but I want to start looking at things and getting ideas.

i bought the tank off of ebay for $162.50, the stand for about $125, the lights for about $115... and other random stuff like filter, aquarium salt, etc for about $70.

they have tanks on aquabid and craigslist for cheap if you look there, you might find one that's close to you so you don't have to pay shipping or what not. :)

• 2 weeks later...

NewSetup02.jpg

:) the label on my fishtank stand package.

NewSetup03.jpg

all the parts scattered everywhere. :blink:

NewSetup04.jpg

some progress...

NewSetup05.jpg

some more progress...

NewSetup06.jpg

hehe i put it on a piano moving dolly thing so i could move it to the side of the room i wanted it at.

NewSetup08.jpg

the whole shebang...

NewSetup09.jpg

with the lights!

:heart i just finished adding water. hehe i realize there aren't actually any fish, but they'll be in there, and then i'll update. :D

are they all in there yet??

Archived