Anybody Using Internal Filters ?

Guest Chipie

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody here is using internal filters for their setup ? If so, how do you use it(with other filters or not ?) and is it working well for you. What kind ?

Thanks

Andr?e R

do you mean internal sponge filters?

if so, yes i have two fluval 3plus on a 30gal tank, one fluval 2 plus in a 15 gallon tank, and an elite mini sponge filter in a 4gal betta tank.

I only use them. i dont use any external filtration. i just stuff them full of sponge, lots of bacteria breeding ground. :)

the filters are very good i find they keep the water clear, and the sponges hold plenty of bacteria. i haven't had any problems with my water params. They are useful as sponges can be transferred between filters in order to start a cycle in a new tank/filter very quickly.

they also work very quietly and have an optional top valve which lets air into the outflow creating bubbles.

the fluval 3plus is 700lph = 185 gph (approx) so i have approx 370gph on my 30gal tank.

i think the 2plus is around 110gph, i cant remember exactly though, and dont have the box to hand.

im also using an internal filter for my 20g setup. have been using it for the past 6 years and no problems at all. i believe it can do upto 110gph.

its an Eheim 2010.

I use them too. I have power outage problems here. The hang-on-back filters don't restart as well as the immersed ones. (my opinion). My tank stays clean.

Very interesting,

we have power outages during the winter storms sometimes.I'm in Canada). I have a Powerpack( the big portable batteries that are used to start cars with dead batteries) and a power converter(12V TO 120V) so if the power goes out i just plug my filter and air pump in this.

I'm currently looking for filter options for my new 55 gallon tank and i think using an internal filter with my canister filter would be a good idea. I would use an hob filter but i don't have much space and would like to be able to put the aquarium against the wall.

It's seems strange that hardly nobody mentions internal filters in this forum.

Thanks a lot your input. :)

Archived