Background Ideas

Hidr

Tired of the standard backgrounds and prices of the pet store ones. Try cloth ones. Just buy cloth from your sewing department or store. Or let you kids draw on posterboard. Or use allumiun foil like for cooking. Think they even have different colors and widths. I like using the foil it brightens the tank up too. Wrapping paper is good too. Then we you get bored take off and toss and try something new. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I can't use a background, it blocks too much light. I have been putting black felt behind the baby's tank so I can see them better and take better pictures. I have just wrapped the felt around a piece of cardboard so I can move it from tank to tank.

I also don't like my barebottom tank to show the cardboard that the tank sits on so I wrapped the cardboard in blue cloth. The bottom has to be spotless cause every water spot shows! but what a lovely silvery look it gave the tank! the blue reflects and makes the water look extra clean for some reason.

I thought of starting a thread: Turned my barebottom blue!! :rofl or : finally covered my barebottom :rofl

• 1 year later...
Guest goldies003

Thts a good idea.Infact right now, i am also using a sky blue coloured cloth and it works well!! I couldnt find a background to fit the dimensions of my tank(its not tht big!) So finally just put a cloth behind and looks just great ;)

Archived