Orange Slices In Tanks At Petsmart

arabpaso

They had a slice w/rind still on clipped to the side of all the goldfish tanks and the one with rosy reds. The gf seemed to LOVE it, they were aggressively ripping out hunks of orange and making a huge mess with little pieces floating everywhere! I think the rind should come off since oranges are grown with a lot of pesticides and even if they washed the orange then the soap residue would be bad. But at least vvvv was trying to give them some variety with a treat like that. :P

Yep, my goldfish love oranges. Though I agree with you about taking off the rind.

What I do is I slice it about a quarter of an inch, and then I slice that into segments, slicing off the rind, and then just drop it in the tank.

The goldfish chase it around and play tug of war with it. After they've had their fun, I fish the remains out.

I think the acidity of the orange might mess with your PH just a little if you fed them TONS of it, and the sugar isn't a great thing, so I don't do it very often. I also try and do it right before a water change so that I don't have floating debris in their tank.

:) My goldfish love orange slices. They have quite the time fighting over a slice.

I slice the orange into 1/2 in slices, take off the rind and remove any seeds or membrane thats thick and then kind of slice across the top and bottom to make it "scored" looking (makes it easier for the smaller guys to get some) and then place in the tank. They love it! :heart

When they are throught I take out what is left and then do my regular water change and wipe down the sides of the tank as little orange pieces will be on the glass.

My guys like oranges too when I'm able to feed it to them. It's rare though since I seldom eat oranges myself.

The local Psmart I go to actually feeds peas, in addition to orange slices, to their goldies about once a week. They usually do not remove the skins, but at least they're going in the right direction. I've never seen it in any other store I've been to.

Archived