I'm Impressed

tropicana

Anew fish shop opening in a town near me so i decided to go investigate it and wow wasn't i impressed?! first up, i went down the end to check out the goldfish (of course) and my jaw dropped, they had pearlscales (i saw a pretty blue one!) and ryukins, which i haven't seen in my area before, i had to travel 45 minutes to get a ryukin before this shop opened.

So then a lady comes up to me and asks if i need help (i'm expecting one of those kind of people who could care less) but me and her got into a really long conversation about our goldfish! put it this way, my sisters finished their christmas shopping by the time we finished talking. so she showed me some of their tanks for sale and agreed to sell me one for half price!

So i purchase the tank (20 gallon) and we go back over to the goldfish to choose some fish for the tank, and i got that pretty blue pearlscale and a yellow and black oranda. I was shocked to see how small the oranda's and pearlscales were and they were already getting wens.

I noticed 2 tanks (one with black moors one with neons) that said 'these arn't for sale' and i asked why and she said they were sick, i mean, how many pet stores don't sell sick fish?! and i walked past the fish bowls and noticed a sign that said 'goldfish are not for bowls' and i was impressed.

I know where i'm shopping next!

Sounds good Blake - so where is it? And what's it called?

On a side note, if you live anywhere near Taren Point, you should go visit a place called Extreme Aquariums. I got a 500ml bottle of Prime for $23 while my local sells it for $59 :yikes Plus I got a Jebo 950 canister for $220 whereas my local quoted me $699 - so their prices are unbelievably excellent :D

Sounds good Blake - so where is it? And what's it called?

On a side note, if you live anywhere near Taren Point, you should go visit a place called Extreme Aquariums. I got a 500ml bottle of Prime for $23 while my local sells it for $59 :yikes Plus I got a Jebo 950 canister for $220 whereas my local quoted me $699 - so their prices are unbelievably excellent :D

:o WOW!!!! ANd I was complaining that Big Al raised his price to 10.99 for the Prime. :thud

Congrats Tropicana! I wish I could find some nice goldies around here,but no luck so far. :(

It's in a town called lismore (not sure if you've heard of it) but i'm not sure what it's called, i'm going back on thursday i'll i'll have to take a couple of pics are show you all! i have an aunty that lives in taren point, maybe i can con my mum into visiting her so i can go check the shop out