Sign in to follow this  
Hidr

You Have Got To Be Kidding

A new variety, Cometkeeper - at least working on stabilizing it for now.

Sharon, there was an article in an older goldfish report from the GFSA from a breeder of those bubble eyes. You mean that?

:blink: Andrea, Maybe that was it..... :unsure:

Can you imagine what the Daddy's worth being the Daddy and having those same 4 bubbles????Geez....Not enough money foe Daddy right now---too many babies for him to still produce! :rofl

It's not worth $1000 imo, far from it. These fish are not that rare but uncommon and a lot of trouble to care for.

A member here had a fish like that and posted in the disease section as some gravel had got inside one of the lower bubbles which was all bloody from the irritation. I can't remember what happened in the end but i think the recommendation was to burst the bubble to get the gravel out.

The lower bubbles are connected to the gills, so they can inflate and deflate, that's also how the gravel got inside while the fish was feeding.

I think that fish like these would need a bare bottom tank with little or no ornaments.

I agree with the bare bottom tank. I also think that such a fish (poor thing) should be hand fed. It can't see very well to eat from the bottom anyway. I sure hope there won't be any more bred like that. I think it is just too cruel. :(

I've seen an oranda with one under his mouth.. I posted a picture a while back. If anyone remembers.. the one that looked like it was out of water, but wasn't, lol. :)

lol i think he is really neat looking plus i love white goldies...but the price is a bit much! the bubbles do worry me though, it can't be easy for them to swim, can it? even if they can deflate them...thats bizzare.

Edited by blueangel12328

eeww.........the one with the veins showing is funky..........if the cahcne came that I could get one at a cheap price, I'd buy it, just because it's cool in a freaky way, and deserves just as much love as any other fish..........

Guest Repsychus

I've never been a big fan of the bubble eyes - I've always found it almost cruel how they are made to swim around with those huge sacs that sometimes burst and harm them. Just seeing this convinces me I don't want one and certainly not a double bubble! How in the world do they manage to get fish to look like this? Their methods are beyond my tiny brain's comprehension...And no offense to anyone who adores the breed, but it's definitely not for me and not for a thousand dollars either...

~ Repsychus ~

I completely agree Repsychus. But... Then again I used to say the same sort of thing about orandas and now, they are my favorites! (don't tell my other fish! :) )

Guest Ukun

I was wondering if this fish caught the eye of others. The price is kind of crazy, because most people won't buy from overseas. I have had good experiences back when I ordered bettas, although the lady I bought from stopped breeding and selling. I seen the above comment (Hopefully it is still there, I managed to get a 33 percent warning and takes forever for my posts to post) and feel the same way. I used to think all goldfish looked gross. Then I met Tiger and fell in love. I used to be grossed out from their (Oranda) head growth. Lionheads used to gross me out too, but I picked one up. Now, the fish with the bubbles gross me out and that is where I draw the line. LOL. I can appreciate this unusual specimen (Topic of the thread), and would be proud of myself for accomplishing such a task if it had been I. I still love Ryukins the most though.

Double bubbles freak me out. Bubble eyes already scare me since those things look so poppable! I love how it looks but don't like how fragile they seem! Double bubbles just double that trouble XD

bbbbzzzz!!! get that thought out of your head yoko!

wow what a fish! must be specialy bred to have TWO bubbles! but $1000

how many yen is that!?

Oooh. How odd. Im not keen on it. Goregous fish without the bubbles though.