You Have Got To Be Kidding

Hidr

yeah i saw that earlier when i went through the list of fish. i find it peculiar... s/he says that the "gene is stable!!" hmm... but if it were stale, wouldn't they breed more of them? and if they bred more of them, why would that ONE be the only species of it's kind in the world?? :blink:

it looks funny to me, and i agree... i don't think it's worth $1000. especially since it won't be insured and it's at the risk of the buyer since it's not guaranteed. :unsure:

I've seen a picture of one before; I thought it was called the Doublebubble or something like that?

I think also heard the lower bubbles inflate and deflate and aren't filled with the fluid like the bubbles under the eyes. Anyone else heard that?

I'm not too keen on that either, maybe it's just down to personal taste as to what you find interesting in a goldfish. I agree though, how could he forage around for food - not much of a life for a goldfish if he can't do that..Just my own opinion though.

I think also heard the lower bubbles inflate and deflate and aren't filled with the fluid like the bubbles under the eyes. Anyone else heard that?

Oh that sounds very interesting, maybe they could get by after all then - otherwise I'd of thought life could be very tough being so obstructed around the mouth area like that.

They kinda remind me of frogs. You know, the male frog with the inflatable sack underneath to croak and attract mates. Bubble eyes are fine, but four bubbles on one fish is a bit too much. Celestials took some warming up to for me and now I love them, so who knows.

Wow! I've never seen a fish like that before. To me it looks like a celestial/ bubble eye carrying 2 eggs in that picture! $1000 for that fish seems over priced to me but I guess if somebody really wants it they'll pay anything for it.

It's not worth $1000 imo, far from it. These fish are not that rare but uncommon and a lot of trouble to care for.

A member here had a fish like that and posted in the disease section as some gravel had got inside one of the lower bubbles which was all bloody from the irritation. I can't remember what happened in the end but i think the recommendation was to burst the bubble to get the gravel out.

The lower bubbles are connected to the gills, so they can inflate and deflate, that's also how the gravel got inside while the fish was feeding.

I think that fish like these would need a bare bottom tank with little or no ornaments.

I wouldn't be comfortable buying a fish from someone who wants to be paid by western union. If they don't send the fish your out a lot of money. I wouldn't consider buying something from another country or sending a lot of money to anybody. Unless I was able to pay with Paypal.

At least with paypal the buyer as some protection.

There is really nothing fishy about this breed - yes, it is a rather new one. There is at least one breeder somewhere in Asia working on it for a while now to get the line more stable.

Of course, the price for that particular fish is way over the top IMO. But the breed itself is real. I would think that with any new developed goldfish breed people think that it is weird looking. Imagine the comments when they first bred the pearlscale or celestial, and it was introduced to the public! :thud

Definetely a gravelless tank for this fellow, thats for sure. Plus all the other precautions when it comes to bubble eyes or celestials. Those lower bubbles are not filled with the same material then the upper ones. I have seen some orandas in pet stores lately that have developed such bubbles for some reason. Of course, smaller ones than those on Aquabid.

Basically, that is how most of our goldfish breeds came along - mishaps from known breeds were developed further, and out came something new. Now, lets see if the seller finds somebody with 1000 bucks to spare.... :rolleyes:

I actually talked to that guy yesterday through email.I asked about the fish's parents :D He sent me a pic of the father,who is a beautiful fish himself,( his surrounding eyes are red) with a white body.As for the Mom,it was a No-go.I guess they can't tell all their secrets. :rolleyes: Especially for those prices.

Andrea,I've actually just recently seen/read an article about this same thing,but for the life of me can't remember where I was at online when I read it. :unsure:

Anyway,I think this fish is pretty,but all those bubbles would make me so nervous.My first Bubble eye,just recently popped his :blink: -luckily though it's inflating right back up. :D

Archived