Ich

Guest im-trying

Guest im-trying

:( black moores had a few white spots on them they had been acting funny assumed it was ich

it makes sense i messed up on a water change and put in far too cold water for them with it being winter here and the water is freezing so i instantly assumed it was ich

ive tret it before with sucsess in a much smaller enviroment im just worried as i have a "cleaner" crew in atm

ive got three bronze corries

an apple snail

three otos

and an albino bristlenose plec

all added recently far to fast and i know i shouldnt have done it :(

*sigh* so ive added the mix for the white spot and the tank is blue ive left the filter cartridges in atm as ive not got replacements for one yet as it was still cycleing and im meant to be doing college work atm.

so questions are

are all the abouve fish okay with ich treatment im using interpet anti white spot plus

how vital is it for the fliter media to come out

and finaly do you think i rushed things to fast

bah im like the worst fish keeper ever :cry1

Guest im-trying

*edit* missed out abouve questions

ammonia is clear

nitrate is 10

nitrite is clear

PH 7.2

tank is 75 UK gallons (90 US)

one filter has been going for 3 years with a breif 20 minute gap when i bought it second hand

i have a power filter that was keeping tropics with the previous owner dont know the make and also a new interpet PF4 which has improved things vastly

i change the water once a week on two basis first week its 10-15 percent and a vacume second week its 25-30 percent with a vacume rocks and fake plants get wiped every month

6 small fancy goldfish biggest is about 2 inch (without tail) 12 minnows 3 bronze cory cats 3 otos and an albino bristlenose plec and an apple snail

I used Interpet fresh start to dechlorinate the water and also sprinkle in some API aquarium salt with each water change but not a full dose as the fish react badly to it.

3 bronze cory cats 3 otos and an albino bristlenose plec and an apple snail have all been added in the past two weeks with some live plants the guy gave me with the snail

I feed the fish Aquarian fish flakes and king brittish cat food pellets and just started using tetra fin sticks to try and encourage growth and they get peas one or two times a week.

the two black moors have small white spots on their bodies and one on one tail the spots are quite long no other fish are efffected the poop is fairly normal though some of it has been a little thin but is still coloured normaly IE green from peas or brown from flakes and cat fish food.

All the fish are acting normaly perhaps a little iritable.

As you have a big tank, putting meds in is going to be expensive so you could switch your med to protozin P which is more concentrated as its made for ponds.

Raise the temperature to 34c as this will quicken the life cycle and kill them off quicker. You will need to add extra air as the water holds less oxygen but you should be doing this any way for the meds.

You only need to take out carbon if you have any.

Put the meds in at night when you switch the lights off as it works better in the dark, and put your lights on for a couple of hours in the evening.

Follow the directions carefully and be careful in calculating.

Keep going for 3 days after the last spot has been seen.

With only a few fish infected you may be able to beat this quite quickly.

Dont beat yourself up about it, we all like to add fish without thinking of the consequences. :)

Guest im-trying

As you have a big tank, putting meds in is going to be expensive so you could switch your med to protozin P which is more concentrated as its made for ponds.

Raise the temperature to 34c as this will quicken the life cycle and kill them off quicker. You will need to add extra air as the water holds less oxygen but you should be doing this any way for the meds.

You only need to take out carbon if you have any.

Put the meds in at night when you switch the lights off as it works better in the dark, and put your lights on for a couple of hours in the evening.

Follow the directions carefully and be careful in calculating.

Keep going for 3 days after the last spot has been seen.

With only a few fish infected you may be able to beat this quite quickly.

Dont beat yourself up about it, we all like to add fish without thinking of the consequences. :)

thanks for the fast help :)

i dont know how much of this is worry and how much of this is panic or how much is true

but ive been researhcing diseases and looking at other posts and it may be worse

.....both of the black moors have quite a goldy looking under belly around the back end and it is also looking a little swolen and the scales are not all close together it looks more like the rows of scales are being stretched.

could this be dropsy :( or could it be a case of over feeding as i was thinking tonight at feed time (when i first noticed the spots) that i feed them to mucha s there were loads left on the leaves of the plants.

im also thinking i paniced far to fast as allready a lot of the dots have gone a can see one and that looks more like a thorn than a spot like a small small splinter and then on the other there are still a few small white dots on one side but they look like it could be debrey though on the same fish the bum are looks a bit swollen....am i panicking or should i be a little worried?

i dont think its anything to bad as they are all swimming around well and they all ate a lot and the other 4 fish are doing fine its just the white markings and the stretched scales that have me worried

sorry for the rablings ^^''''''

Guest im-trying

yeah it was just me being silly i think they were constipated about 11 o clock last night their poo went from thin to thick in the same poo 0.0 ..... so yeah i think its okay now all the scales have gone back into the rows and also the bronzy colour is fainter now the belly scales just have a bit of a metalic look to them now.

One does still have a white spot on the side so i think i did the right thing with the meds as there were some on the fish also the other blackmoor has.....nothing :D just checked to see which side it was on and its gone ^^''

so um yeah it time to move this thread ^^''' sorry

Archived