"shark Tank" Redecorated

Sushi67

My 20 gal long betta tank aka The Shark Tank needed to be cleaned so I also decided to redecorate it.

Before

lolololo.png

Step 1: remove fish

001.png

Then I take out some water and all the plants are ornaments. After that is done I scrub everything and remove a little more water.

002.png

Then I put my big oradaments in and put the light on so I can see what I cam doing.

003.png

I put all the rocks where I want them.

004.png

Then I put in plants. All are fake. I was chopping up fake plants from Micheal's for an hour. :blink:

006.png

Here is the finished tank. The water is a little dirty because its late and I didn't want to do a huge cleaning and water change tonight but I will next weekend. Everything should settle down by morning and be as clear as the ten gallon.

007.png

For kicks, Here is the 10 gallon senegal bichir and striped raphael tank that is next to the 20 gallon.

008.png

Grrrr, I hate the bright white light that came with the hood! I was reading that florescent bulbs can come in other nifty colors but is there anyway I could get that nice yellowish glow like with normal bulbs? I've only heard of blue or red colored florescent bulbs.

Which layout do you like more? Before or After? Be honest, I don't mind.

nice tank!

i like both. the before layout was more "flowy". reminded me of like a stream with flowing water. where as the after is more "asiany" haha if that makes any sense. reminds me of bamboo leaves and such. almost like a "japanese bamboo garden". :heart

are all your bettas female? or is there 1 male in there? i couldn't tell. :)

nice tank!

i like both. the before layout was more "flowy". reminded me of like a stream with flowing water. where as the after is more "asiany" haha if that makes any sense. reminds me of bamboo leaves and such. almost like a "japanese bamboo garden". :heart

are all your bettas female? or is there 1 male in there? i couldn't tell. :)

1 male crowntail doubletail

1 male crowntail

3 female crowntail

2 female plakat

1 female veiltail

hehe yeah i was wondering the same. i thought i saw two males in the tub, but i wasn't sure which is why i asked.

is it because your tank is large enough for them to have their own bubble space? :D

I've been conditoning my DTCT for a long time. 6 months+ He is pretty much use to other betta fish but still flares and cases. He nipped a little the first week but is much nicer. The DTCT is also old so he doesn't really want to breed. My other male was going to be used to breed but he wouldn't do anything for females. He just kind of ignored them(does the same to all fish male or female). These are my only two males that I trust with females and other males. My other males are very agressive and have to be kept by themselves. I just got lucky with both of these nice fish. I don't think it has anything to do with the size of the tank.

Archived