Betta Pics!

Zelanie

I was going to add these to my last thread, but didn't want somebody to get stuck downloading a photo when they weren't prepared to do so. (I'm still learning the "house rules" around here).

Here is a picture of my betta. The kids named him "50 Cent", unfortunately. The runner up name was Bartholomew. I might just have to call him by that name.

betta1.jpg

Isn't he pretty? The mixed-up color might not be preferred by breeders, but the kids just love him, and he's fun to watch.

betta2.jpg

The "top view" betta :rofl

bettatank.jpg

Here's his tank. He had a really nice bubble nest before I disturbed it trying to even out his rocks. Of course, I realized that I'd rather have a picture of the tank with a nice bubble nest than with even rocks, and the rocks aren't that even anyway. Oh well! I still really like how the tank turned out.

Its not that breeders don't like the "mixed look", its that they prefer it to be more solid look. I like him. I think you should go for Bartholomew as the name. 50 cent makes it sound like he is a cheap fish. :rofl (Yes, I know who 50 cent really is)

His color is my FAVORITE. Here is one of my tri color marble breeders( I have 2 adult males, 1 female, and 3 fry that are this color).

4ray1.png

I really like your fish's light blue. Is this because of flash or is he really that light? I wish I could get the blue on my spawns this light.

ah he's so pretty! reminds me of a gorgous betta that i saw at my lfs recently. It had blue fins just like yours but it's whole body was white. i was so desperate to have him, he had the prettiest blue, just like yours. Congrats :heart

I really like your fish's light blue. Is this because of flash or is he really that light? I wish I could get the blue on my spawns this light.

Wow, I didn't realize that the color existed as anything but a happy accident! I think his blue really is that light, but some of it could be a visual effect because he has quite a bit of white on him that doesn't show in the photos. I'm thinking that some of it is visually mixing with the blue, making it appear lighter.

Now that he's feeling more comfortable in his tank, and the temperature is stable, he looks really nice, swishing around like he owns the place with all his fins out.

I love your fish. Bettas just fascinate me with their long flowing fins and the way that their mouths sort of turn up. It's like they're trying to be a Deva or something lol. Like when people look down their nose at someone...

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I've been wanting to ask this question for ages and I keep forgetting. What's the deal with bubble nests? Are they just a Betta thing? I have no idea what their purpose is, but I might be getting a Betta or 2 so I guess I need to know...

Bartholomew is always looking down his nose at everyone! ;)

Bubble nests are made by the male betta and are apparently first used to attract females. Once the female is sufficiently attracted, the bettas spawn under the nest and the male moves the eggs into the nest for safekeeping.

I see...So it's not as essential thing if you're keeping a single male Betta then? It'll be a long time before I'm ready to put a male and female together. There's no way in22 that I could handle the surprise of dozens of babies, so no funny business in my room. Well...I wouldn't say none! lol ;)

Archived