How Often Will Goldfish Lay Eggs

nick11380

I bought three 6" goldfish last week. Two are comets and one is a orange telescope fantail. Their in a 29 gallon quarantine tank. Last night I did a water change and the two comets started chasing the orange telescope. I did another water change this morning and after I syphoned out 10 gallons I noticed some eggs on the aquarium bottom. I'm sick about how many eggs I lost in the water change. I moved the 3 goldfish to another 29 gallon tank where they will continue to quarintine. They don't have any breeding stars but it appears that the 2 comets are male the the telescope is female.

How long before the goldfish will be ready to breed again?

P.S These fish were in the same tank at the pet store and the telescope fantail is getting plenty to eat.

I am new to this subject, however I have heard that they usually cont. to spawn for a few weeks given that the other factors remain as it is. E.g. the water temp; in the night and in the morning etc...

Congrat;s on the eggs and if you don't remove the eggs to a seperate container/tank/tub with treated water, your adult fish will eat them. I had a similar experience with my goldies and I thought I'll never get to see some fry but thank god and another member here who helped me alot, I was able to have some fry.

Read all the pinned posts in this section and maybe you can add a little (a drop or two) of Methyline Blue to the container with eggs to protect them from fungus. The transparent eggs are considered to be fertilised eggs while whitish ones are not. However some senior breeders still say that even whitish ones can hatch... :)

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Archived