Jump to content

Jungle: Binox Fungus And Bacteria


Celeste123

Recommended Posts

  • Regular Member

Has anyone ever used Jungle brand "Binox: extra strength" for fungus and bacterial infections? I am using that on my tank since a previous fungal or bacterial infection started to come back after the last meds (that were only for fungus.) I am wondering if anyone has experience with is and if so how long it took their fishes symtoms to clear.

With this you treat every 4 days. I have only done 1 so far, the 2nd is on monday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

:) How are you fish doing with the Binox treatment? I was hoping you would get a response from someone who had used it as I have seen it and wondered if it was a good med to keep on hand!

What are you treating your fish for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

Well, a month or so ago they started breaking out (mainly the two white ones) with some kind of bacterial and/or fungus infection that was causing red streaks to appear in the fins. They were pinkish and inflammed under their chins and around their eyes and the bases of their fins. So I treated with a Jungle brand fungus only treament that the lfs owner recommended. It was working, and I stopped treatment as all visibal symptoms were gone. I went to my parents for a week during thanksgiving, (a knowledgable friend fed them while I was gone,) and when I came back they still looked ok, but then a week or so later the same symptoms started showing their ugly faces again.

I have a sneaking suspician that bloodworms I feed them twice a week are the culprit, since the water levels have all been pristine and no new fish have been added. So no more bloodworms, and now I started this other treatment that includes bacteria AND fungus (just in case that it was bacteria as well, and this may have been the original infection that just wasn't finished off.)

So I don't know. So far symptoms still persist. I just now changed 50% of the water and added the second treatment. I can do another one in 4 days. Water levels are still good and im keeping a clsoe eye on them since I am sure this treatment is killing some of my good bacteria. It is aggrivating though, and I was hoping somebody else had experience with this particular medication, must be a new one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...