Brown Algea Killer?

snowman

I recently bought a bottle of RidIch and used it just once and i started to notice that the brown algea was gone? has anyone else seen that happen?

no- but a good way is a mystery snail or two- in that they lay their eggs above the water line and are controllable, and increasing your light intensity- Brown alge is from low light conditions- green is vice versa

no- but a good way is a mystery snail or two- in that they lay their eggs above the water line and are controllable

I've read and heard that 'mystery' snails don't eat brown algae. If they did, I wouldn't have a problem with it since I do have a large snail. I have to feed her lettuce, algae wafers, etc.

I always thought that loaches were good for brown algae.

no- but a good way is a mystery snail or two- in that they lay their eggs above the water line and are controllable

I've read and heard that 'mystery' snails don't eat brown algae. If they did, I wouldn't have a problem with it since I do have a large snail. I have to feed her lettuce, algae wafers, etc.

I always thought that loaches were good for brown algae.

actually my mysteries are pretty aggressive toward the brown algae- that is when they take time off from having sex!~

Eric

Archived