Tail Red Edges?

fondoo

I have this one small Ryukin and it looks like to me it have some red tail edges. It does not look like red streaks or stress to me. I do not know what the cause might be.

My water quality looks excellent to me. pH: 7.0(with buffit up), Ammonia: 0, Nitrite: 0, Nitrate: 10. The 55gal tank has been cycled already. What might be the cause of it? I've enclosed some pics to better explain what I'm seeing. click on images to getting a larger image

dsc00561oz2.th.jpg

dsc00558xh8.th.jpg

dsc00550te1.th.jpg

dsc00549qd8.th.jpg

Hi fondoo - this is an interesting one because normally I would say it could be due to stress however, I have a small orange fantail - nee blackmoor (who over a year ago got stuck in a log) and her fins have been like this for a year. She's healthy and happy but the redness won't leave her fins. I would be more concerned if the redness increased but it's in the same spot. If all other signs are good I would just keep an eye on it - it may be a similar thing.

How long has the redness been there?

Does he/she show any other symptoms?

the moderators must of changed the images to thumbnails now. so you might not see the images in large resolution to see its tail. i've notice the tail red edges just started within the past 2-3 weeks and i dont know why. i do not see any symptoms at all. he eats and swims fine.

If you click on the images, you can see them well as they open up in imageshack :)

I think the thing to look out for is whether other symptoms show themselves as this will indicated what the actual problem is. Check the poop and also if you can, check the colour of the gills and post back.

Archived