Help!

Guest im-trying

Guest im-trying

sorry if ive posted in the wrong section....and sorry for posting so much latley

i think this is the right bit because its not a disease persay..

anyways

ive done a water change because the amonia wasnt clear yet the nitrate and nitrite are which dos not make sense as ive got a well established filter in and have just put a second one in for good measure.....could this have been because i took the test while feeding ^^'' i duno please fill me in

anyways as ive done the water changes i had to do other chores and i didnt let the water come to room temparature and as i put it in the temparature crashed from a steady 25 to 20 ive turned the heater up high to try and make it warm again the fish seem to be responding more as it gets warmer its now at 22 and this is after about half an hour.....am i panicing to much?

please help me

ps can some one please tell me the tank requirements for a bushy nosed plec as in how much water do they need like fancy goldies need 10+ thanks again

andy

you people rule :)

if your test is showing ammonia, but no nitrites or nitrATEs, i believe your tank is cycling again. did you do anything such as take out all the gravel? wash off all the gravel? switch to a new filter? or completely redecorate?

also are you using the dipstick type water testing strips?

if your test is showing ammonia, but no nitrites or nitrATEs, i believe your tank is cycling again. did you do anything such as take out all the gravel? wash off all the gravel? switch to a new filter? or completely redecorate?

You are on th e correct question Emily- the strips can be way off at times- the drops are less expensive and way more accurate- just do not wash out the test tubes in your new 800$ stainless steel sink - Like I was a fool to do- - ate right into the metal as the drops are corrossive- ahh well- it is for my little "Punch"!

Guest im-trying

its the test tubes with the drops its not fantasticaly high its like 1.0 but still i could see the fish were stressed.

the only thing ive done recently is add a new filter and three cory cats and a medium sized apple snail. The only other thing i can think is that i lost my syphon for a while and the gravel didnt get vacumed for two weeks could this have been a problem? also have i hindered it turning it back up again its at 23 now nearly 24

and also can anyone give me tips for warming water up ready for a water change?

*got phone call whilst typing this*

panic over ^^'' i got the temparature back up to 25 quite fast and the fish are all active again i gave them some tonic to calm them down and they are swimming as normal even the cory cats are happy agian :) sorry for wasting space feel free to delete this post ^^''

thanks again

Guest im-trying

its the test tubes with the drops its not fantasticaly high its like 1.0 but still i could see the fish were stressed.

the only thing ive done recently is add a new filter and three cory cats and a medium sized apple snail. The only other thing i can think is that i lost my syphon for a while and the gravel didnt get vacumed for two weeks could this have been a problem? also have i hindered it turning it back up again its at 23 now nearly 24

and also can anyone give me tips for warming water up ready for a water change?

*got phone call whilst typing this*

panic over ^^'' i got the temparature back up to 25 quite fast and the fish are all active again i gave them some tonic to calm them down and they are swimming as normal even the cory cats are happy agian :) sorry for wasting space feel free to delete this post ^^''

thanks again

Archived