Crushed Corals

Guest Triple3

Guest Triple3

Just wondering if the crushed corals that is mentioned in some posts are these?

coralchipsjv0.jpg

The LFS in Singapore calls it coral chips, just thought that this may be crushed corals in the States. :)

It looks the same for me. what happen if you put the bag under the tap water? in my case, the water color change to milky white after the coral disolve into the water. but my ph from tap is 6.8 which means more acidic and will react more w/ calcium. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Guest Triple3

It looks the same for me. what happen if you put the bag under the tap water? in my case, the water color change to milky white after the coral disolve into the water. but my ph from tap is 6.8 which means more acidic and will react more w/ calcium. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Hi small ranchu.

Don't think it's the same though, cause it doesn't dissolve. I rinse it in a bucket of water and I get some residue, but it just doesn't dissolve. I already placed it inside my filter, will monitor how ti goes about buffering the PH in my tank. :)

That is coral gravel it takes longer to dissolve in that state yet maintains pH well.As I use that form.

Doesn't it say coral on the pack? If its coral, any size or shape will do. I use larger sized gravel but many people prefer the smaller size so it fits in the filter box. Looking closely that could be regular white and colored gravel-not coral- in there. Coral has a dipped and dented rougher surface than regular pebble gravel. I can't see well enough to be sure which that is.

Archived