Frequent Feeding Question

katmad

ok so i was just wondering if it matters what you feed your goldifsh in what order?

I like to give 2 or more small feedings per day, and i have a variety of food. But does it matter what food you feed at what time?

For example, say you do three feedings a day, and you have two types of pellet, homemade gel food, and a few other treats (peas, other veggies, tetraDelica...etc) does it matter what order you feed it all?

Is it better to feed peas, pellets, or gel in the morning/afternoon/evening???? is it best just to change what you feed and when every time?

Basically if you do more than one feed, what do you feed, what time of day, and why??

hmm i have all sorts of food for my goldies. the foods i'm currently feeding consist of:

spirulina flakes (from goldfish connection "GFC")

pro-gold (from GFC)

freeze dried krill (from GFC)

freeze dried blood worms (from GFC)

color enhancing flakes (from GFC)

shrrimp pellets (from GFC)

peas

veggies (from our garden)

i feed twice a day. usually once in the morning before work, and once in the afternoon when i get back (around dinner time or after dinner). i usually feed the peas and veggies separately as in by themselves, but with the others, i tend to mix and match. there's not specific time of day i feed the veggies. usually it's when i have more time so i can prepare them and stuff since i oftentimes am rushed in the mornings it'll probably be evenings. the only exception is if they're constipated then i feed veggies twice a day for a week or two.

ok so i was just wondering if it matters what you feed your goldifsh in what order?

I like to give 2 or more small feedings per day, and i have a variety of food. But does it matter what food you feed at what time?

For example, say you do three feedings a day, and you have two types of pellet, homemade gel food, and a few other treats (peas, other veggies, tetraDelica...etc) does it matter what order you feed it all?

Is it better to feed peas, pellets, or gel in the morning/afternoon/evening???? is it best just to change what you feed and when every time?

Basically if you do more than one feed, what do you feed, what time of day, and why??

The person listing food products before this reply is right down my same alley- the only difference is that I feed 3 - 4 times a day - that includes late evening just before bed with a very small treat like freeze dried blood worms- - reason for the freeze dried has to do with little or no disease problems and storage problems. I never make one meal the same as the other - and presoak everything- Hikari mostly comes in floating types- so to make them presoak for sinking take a pill crusher and use it just enough to break the pellets in half or so- once they are broken they presoak well and drop with little problem- get the fish into the habit of feeding down under- so that it will not be in the habit of sucking half of the tank surface and air above intop themselves like they usually do because of their sight problem- as one of the reasons for this

" oh- I just think I will stick my mouth on thge surface and start the sucking motor- everything will come to me sooner or later"; is what they seem to say.. And do not be affraid to buy Chichlid pellets- medium break well and are good alternative and variety to viti. and nutrients Goldies seem to crave. and a couple of halves of peas mid day or so is great for the regulation of their intestines with some spirulina (spelling) try to give the peas away from the meals in that the peas tend to push things thru their system rapidly and the Goldie cannot reap all of the nutrient benifits of the food that you gove them.- not that they can sometimes be like a garbage truck and send it out half used as it is.

Eric

Archived