Aquaclear Not Working! Help!

ktinal900

I just rinsed out my Aquaclear filter... same as always but it's not working anymore!! Has this happened to any of you before? What can I do??? I just got the filter a few months ago! :krazy:

Also thought I might add there's nothing wrong with the electrical outlet either... :(

The motor part is warm... but it's not sucking up the water through the tube... I made sure that there's no debris blocking the propeller... so I have no idea what's wrong

I have encountered this problem before, but it did end up starting after I made sure my power bar was plugged in properly. On another occasion it didn't start either but it turned out I just forgot to fill it with water. Have you tried taking it apart and double checking everythings installed correctly? Have you thoroughly cleaned out the impeller and its housing? that might be causing problems. I know these are great filters I've had mine for over 2 years and no problems :idont

I have encountered this problem before, but it did end up starting after I made sure my power bar was plugged in properly. On another occasion it didn't start either but it turned out I just forgot to fill it with water. Have you tried taking it apart and double checking everythings installed correctly? Have you thoroughly cleaned out the impeller and its housing? that might be causing problems. I know these are great filters I've had mine for over 2 years and no problems :idont

I've checked the impeller two times... hmm... but I think I'll go check again and give it another rinse just in case...

Actually, I didn't know I could take the entire motor piece off and clean the inside part. I gave the impeller and its housing a good cleaning. Then I plugged it back in and yay! It's working!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much, CalicoFantail!! :D

Sorry for all the posts here but I just had to say it's amazing how much better the filter works now that that layer of gunk is gone... the water flow is much better like how it used to be when i first got the filter and it's creating much more bubbles! :)

:D Glad to hear that you got it in working order again. I've many,many Aquaclears through the years,and they seem to last forever if you just maintain them a bit. :)

The exact same thing happened to me this week. Turned off the filter, rinsed the sponge and changed the charcol, then it didn't work. John took the motor thingy off and cleaned it, then voola! all working fine again.

Archived