Paging Cometkeeper

Guest ctrainor

Guest ctrainor

I saw on another topic you posted on that you breed dogs. I am curious as to what kind? I think it is ironic after talking to you on the tank topic about setting up a sump tank for the goldies that you also breed and show dogs! Coincidence? I wonder how many others on this forum are into keeping and breeding other animals?

Thanks,

Christan

Christan,

I breed and show Border Terriers but have handled many other breeds over the years. As for having both fish and dogs, let's put it this way - my Grandmother is to "blame". :) When I was two or three years old, she bought me a large fish bowl with a pair of Common Guppies in it, parakeets, a rabbit, a cat and my first dog. It's been down hill ever since. haha. I've had just about every kind of critter you can think of over the years. But the dogs and the fish, stuck. It runs in my family. My sister is a fourth-generation "Pug person", herself. Our current household is two aquariums - all goldfish - and plans for more, five dogs and a canary. Can't imagine my life without animals. Thanks for asking.

Guest ctrainor

We breed Jack Russell Terriers and recently got into English Bull Terriers! I also ride and train horses professionally so we too have a million animals around. It is interesting to see what others are into! I wonder who else on this board keeps/shows animals professionally?

Christan

:) I had three Bulldogs that I was showing for a while. I was a complete novice and really did not have anyone to mentor me except the breeder I got them from and she lives 700 miles away! It was alot of fun and I have some stories that will bring a smile to anyones face about the bad behavior in the show ring that my "Sherman" would display. Bad enough, I was on my own, but to be so embarrassed I could have crawled into a hole, but looking back it was fun. The breeder wanted her dogs shown and she did come to this area a couple of times to handle them herself, Thank Goodness.

All three Bulldogs have passed away, Jordan just a few weeks ago, and I still have bad days missing her, but I really cherish the memories.

I used to breed harlequin rabbits, they are so beautiful and with such a natural physical appearance. I bred other rabbits too, but now I am down to one bunny as I started college and don't have time/space for 10 of them lol. I am excited to get back into it later on in my life.

I also have 2 guinea pigs, 2 rats, 2 ferrets, 2 cats, and 2 tanks. 2 much probably lol.

Guest ctrainor

It's great to hear about everyone's other interests!!! It would be really neat to find out you had a common interest with someone other than goldies!!!

We love our bull terrier and we are currently looking for a breeder to purchase a quality show bully to show ourselves. It has been a challenge! We had to bring our guy we have now over from Europe this summer. Keep up the posts!

Christan

Whew. I feel a little relieved to know that I'm not the only zookeeper in the bunch!

Right now, my "flock" consists of 5 cockatiels [2 Whiteface Whites (albino - red eyes), 2 Whiteface heavy Pieds, and one common grey], 3 parakeets, 1 English Budgie, 2 over-enthusiastic kitties [8 months, and the bigger one weighs around 11lbs], 4 gerbils, and 3 aquariums. That's not counting the dogs, cats, and other farm animals my parents also keep.

I'm curious as to how the care of other animals goes. I'm in college, majoring in veterinary technology. As part of our curriculum, we are required to complete a Hill's Science Diet Nutritional Advocacy program. What does everyone else feed their dogs/cats? I feed my cats Eukanuba...only the best for all my animals -- fish included! I feed Hikari foods to the goldies, Eukanuba to the kitties [and sometimes the gerbils], SunSeed VitaKeet + Harrison's Organic Pellets to the birds...I spend more money on animal food than people food!!

My animals eat better nutritionally than I do...

Archived