Meet Buzz!

Hi guys, this is Buzz my newish Calico Oranda, I've had him for a few weeks now. He's been through quarantine and is currently sharing a 30 gallon tank with Cyril and Billy, waiting for permanent housing. Hopefully, he is going into a 40 gallon with my other new fishie - Womble the Pearlscale (pictures to follow!) who is currently in quarantine. Just negotiating this with my current landlord (Dad! :rolleyes: )

Buzz is a lovely fishie, I'm very pleased with him - not the world's most perfect Oranda I'm sure - but very special to me. He has a lovely personality, very greedy (aren't they all?! :rolleyes: ) but very inquisitive and great fun too.

Apologies for the picture quality as usual, unfortunately he does look a bit like he's clamping in some of the pictures ( "action" shots and ISO not set high enough!) but he's definately not, I watch them very closely. Unfortunately, I don't have use of the camera all of the time so I have to take what I can get.

Anyways, here he is

Picture019-1.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

Picture015-2.jpg

Not my Winnie the Poo - honest! :rolleyes::D

Picture013-3.jpg

Picture001-7.jpg

Picture008-3.jpg

Edited by mrbumblebee

:D Congrats on Buzzy.What drew me to him other than being a Calico,was the fact that he's got a cute face,and I love any sort of Blue or Black on Calico's.Very nic find. :exactly

you are absolutely correct in saying "lovely personality, very greedy (aren't they all?! :rolleyes: ) but very inquisitive and great fun too." Great Pics. yes - just be careful not to spoil them as I have done "Punch". This fish desires constant human attention and refuses to allow me to manipulate plants or anything without being massaged- so I distract him while my other half does the maint. You have never seen an Oranda angry at being ignored when trying to fix thjings in the tank. They splash quite a lot . Hope they come out of quarintine well- remember the "pea a day to keep an Oranda happy " - no kidding.

Very nice! Lots of character. My daugther has a little, slate blue Oranda, named "Blue-y" and a little Pearlscale, named "Pearl" [of course!]. There is a beautiful, blue Oranda - perhaps 4" long and with a gorgeous tail fin at our lfs. Sure is tempting. They have the cutest faces.

Buzz is such a cutie.I think Buzz is telling us yes that is MrB's Winnie the poo don't listen to him

Shame on you Frazer! Trying to get MrB to blush! :rofl

Mr.B, Buzz is wonderful! I love Calico Orandas, and he is beautiful! What a sweet face he has!

:rofl Funny thread you all :D And bumble I love Buzz, what came to mind to me when I saw his little face was...how intelligent looking. That first pic theres a look in his eye that seems very wise :) He also has a lovely color balance.