Platy Babies On The Way!

Dolphinluver

I am so exited! My sunset, Marigold, is having babies!

I went to vvvv yesterday and got a new breeding net and some hikari first bites. Marigold is in the net now and is very very preagnant. I can see little heads and eyes in her belly. I can't wait for the babies.

Does anyone have tips on raising them and caring for them? When do they need to be put in with the older fish and how much to feed them and how often? If you can help me on those questions or other tips you may have on raising them, please tell me! I will greatly appreciate it.

I will try to post pics as soon as I can when they arrive. Whenever I walk by the tank I look in to see if there is anything moving, besides Marigold of course! She seems very calm and friendly in the net and doesn't seem to mind.

Thanks in advance, Mariah :heart Soon to be a grandma at such a young age!

Congratulations Mariah I hope all goes well. I can't offer any tips because when mine breed I allow nature to take it's course. I currently have one tiny fry skirting around the tank and another that has grown up.

The adult fry is 100% platy, the new fry is a platy/molly cross. I can tell because there are only 2 males in the tank, a platy and a guppy but I think the guppy is too small to catch those big mollies. lol

The fish will all eat the fry if they can catch them so a net is essential to keep them safe. The only problem is what to do with all the fish, platies can multiply like rabbits.

Congrats Mariah... We have a guppy tank!! In the near future i want to get some mollies!!! We made our own divider... It workes just fine but we let nature take its course now because we have so many :D !!!! Hope u well with the babies they are great fun!!

Levi

Archived