Sand Substrate

selena685

I only use sand designed for marine tanks.Only my marine tank has a sand substrate.

Edited by Blue

It's Pool Filter sand. The guy at the pool shop said it was natural sand which is a certain grade suitable for pool filters. No chemicals or any other stuff in it. He said it's safe to use in aquariums. I just need to rinse it a few times to get rid of the sand dust, like you would gravel. I have read on other forums that this is used in chicld tanks. I'm on a budget so I needed to find something that was not so expensive. I bought a 12kg bag for $12.95. I hope this is ok to use. I'm always worried about trying something new like this as I don't want to hurt my fish. The setup will be a freshwater tank

• 3 weeks later...

I got the old southdown sand and seeded it with some sand from one of my other tanks.... Worked great....nice sand also!!!! The grains were suggar sized....the fauna and sand critter life love that size grain....