White Patch On Head

Katalyst

A few minutes ago I noticed a white patch on the head of one of my fry. It almost looks as if he scraped it and it turned white.

I took a few photo's as my camera's battery was dying so it will be awhile before its recharged and I am able to post it. Mugsy is about an inch and a half and the smallest fry a little over an inch. Should I salt the tank?

I'm wondering if this could be velvet? I've never seen a photo of velvet.

Advice is greatly appreciated.

Test Results for the Following:

Sorry Laurie this has taken me by such surprise that I completely forgot!

Ammonia Level? 0ppm

Nitrite Level? 0ppm

Nitrate level? 10

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)? 7.6

Ph Level out of the Tap? 7.6

Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running? 39 gallons 2 months (they are moving into a 260 gallon next week-or I had planned on moving them :(

What is the name and size of the filter/s? Aquaclear 50 & BioWheel 200

How often do you change the water and how much? Until 2 days ago daily water changes the tank has just cycled 2 days ago. Last change was last night.

How many fish in the tank and their size? 4 fry under 2 inches.

What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime

Any medications added to the tank? No

Add any new fish to the tank? No

What do you feed your fish? Hikari baby pellets, bloodworms, brine shrimp, daphina, fruits & veg.

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt",

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Small white patch on head

Any unusual behavior like staying

at the bottom, not eating, ect..? Acting just fine at the moment.

Well that is good. I have learned a long time ago to watch something for a day or 2 before jumping to treat it. 90% of the time it clears up.

Thanks Laurie, I agree with that completely. I just didn't like the idea of having anything in the house since its snowing here at the moment & not being used to Toronto winters I'd rather have stuff in the house then drive in piles of snow tommorrow... I'm a fraidy kat you see..... :D

It does look as if he's missing a few scales though I'm still a little wary of adding melafix to a fry tank so I'll just keep an eye for now.

Archived