Cichlid Food For Goldfish

nick11380

I have been feeding my goldfish Hikari floating goldfish pellets because Hikari is one of the better brands of fish food. The other day I went to the pet store looking for some sinking pellets. They didn't have any sinking Hikari pellets so I asked one of the guys who worked there what he thought of a sinking goldfish pellet of a different brand. He said I should get cichlid food for gold fish because cichlid food is much more nutrutious than gold fish food. (This is the only pet store employee I would ask questions. Because he not only worked at the pet store for at least 3 years. But he has had his own aquariums for years and kept goldfish, cichlids and several other fish and is now switching to salt water fish.)

Hikari do make Lionhead Sinking Pellets, all my goldfish love them. Cichlid food is only more nutritious if you are a cichlid :D It has a much higher protein value than goldfish food, goldfish are onmivourous but the majority of their diet should be vegetarian.

Hikari do make Lionhead Sinking Pellets, all my goldfish love them. Cichlid food is only more nutritious if you are a cichlid :D It has a much higher protein value than goldfish food, goldfish are onmivourous but the majority of their diet should be vegetarian.

Ya~but i think it should be fine if u feed em more veggie

I have been feeding my goldfish Hikari floating goldfish pellets because Hikari is one of the better brands of fish food. The other day I went to the pet store looking for some sinking pellets. They didn't have any sinking Hikari pellets so I asked one of the guys who worked there what he thought of a sinking goldfish pellet of a different brand. He said I should get cichlid food for gold fish because cichlid food is much more nutrutious than gold fish food. (This is the only pet store employee I would ask questions. Because he not only worked at the pet store for at least 3 years. But he has had his own aquariums for years and kept goldfish, cichlids and several other fish and is now switching to salt water fish.)

Actually that is exactly what I use as a variable in my product usage- Goldfish have a higher than normal protein requirement - intermixing the foods is great especially to control the fat being fed- Omega tends to get up trhere- You are feeding on the surface? I would try and get away from that - swim bladder problems etc can arrise from sucking air etrc. - oh and in case you have difficulty with chichlid pellets sinking- use a pill crusher on the food to just "crack it"- dont powder it. with Hikari - esapecially - you could pepper the atlantic ocean with floating pellets and they would arrive London still floasting - but if you break thge " shell" of the pellets and presoak for a minute or so- Wala- sinking pellet food.

Eric

Archived