Blood Worms?

Guest Lala

have only tried the freeze dried but where do you get the frozen ones?? do they only sell them on the site?

I buy mine at vvvv, they have a freezer in the fish section. All kinds of goodies in there! :yikes

I'm pretty much gunna second what BadBoy said... a while back when I asked for advice on food to stimulate wen growth I was told Bloodworms were key. So off I went to the LFS and over to the freezer (I'd seen them there before) to grab a pack. I started walking to the register while I looked down at what I was about to buy: Little, individual red ice cubes with squiggle things in them... pretty simple-- feed one cube... one FROZEN cube? No, thats not right. It was at this point I realized I probably gunna have to thaw the little critters out and get them into the tank somehow. My reaction? A quick trip back to the freezer to return the wormcicles and over to the regular food section to look for freeze dried.

I lurve my fishies but I just can't bring myself to do it... maybe someday but that day is not today! LOL :P

I like the frozen ones because they are closer to fresh. My fish gobble them up! I defrost them first and drop a pinch down and while one is gobbling, I throw down another pinch so the other fish gets some :D . I wouldn't like to handle live worms --ew! But I can do the frozen ones.

I prefer feeding the frozen ones as the freeze dried ones I had were hard to get to sink. My fish seem to like the frozen ones better than the freeze dried.

In order to feed the frozen ones, I just thaw a cube in a cup of tank water before adding it to the tank so it's not really gross at all! ;) Well they do look gross but I think the freeze dried look just as bad.

I'm pretty much gunna second what BadBoy said... a while back when I asked for advice on food to stimulate wen growth I was told Bloodworms were key. So off I went to the LFS and over to the freezer (I'd seen them there before) to grab a pack. I started walking to the register while I looked down at what I was about to buy: Little, individual red ice cubes with squiggle things in them... pretty simple-- feed one cube... one FROZEN cube? No, thats not right. It was at this point I realized I probably gunna have to thaw the little critters out and get them into the tank somehow. My reaction? A quick trip back to the freezer to return the wormcicles and over to the regular food section to look for freeze dried.

I lurve my fishies but I just can't bring myself to do it... maybe someday but that day is not today! LOL :P

its not the prettiest food, but they are dead and it is easy to defrost a cube in water then pour them in the tank bit by bit, or use a spoon or something. its not so bad when ur used to it, but then i'm not very squeamish

Archived